Can You Come Up With A Title?

I’ve sat here trying to come up with some clever, witty title for at least 10 min. Seeing as this girl needs to get to bed, I’m just gonna run down dinner.

Mom cooked up some local side-striped shrimp tonight, in some garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, white wine, and parsley. I love me some seafood.

food2 1022

There were also steamed green beans.

food2 1023

And I had half a baked sweet potato with butter. It got a little over cooked though, so it was almost a bit watery. Doh!

food2 1021

Such a colourful dinner.

food2 1020

Oh, the shrimp were delicious. They were so sweet and cooked to perfection. I think mom is on a mission to get some more of these local guys. So good!

There was lots of tv watching this evening, since I’m avoiding the gym, what with me being plagued and all. I wanted another hot drink to soothe my throat, but wasn’t feeling the tea, so I decided on hot chocolate instead. Alas, our milk had gone bad (5 days before it’s expiry date even – we’re taking it back), so my sister & I improvised…with cool whip 😉

food2 1024

food2 1029

We had some fresh baked cookies (courtesy of mom) to dip in the frothy chocolately goodness. These cookies had raisins, oats, coconut, craisins, and pecans in them. Yum!

Wednesday = done! Now I sleep. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Dinner

8 Comments on “Can You Come Up With A Title?”

1. September 17, 2009 at 5:04 am #

Those cookies sound awesome! I love that your mom bakes – mine doesn’t at all so it’s up to me!

2. September 17, 2009 at 5:46 am #

What a colorful dinner! I love seafood. I grew up on Cape Cod, where it’s hard not to like seafood. Shrimp is a favorite of mine.

I love the creativity with the cool whip!

3. September 17, 2009 at 5:48 am #

Great looking dinner! Even BETTER looking and sounding cookies 🙂 And hot cocoa?? Yeah! Another great reason to love fall and winter.

4. September 17, 2009 at 6:03 am #

I love when it gets to be hot chocolate weather! Way to improvise on the cool whip! 😀

The shrimp looks delicious too – does your mom cook it in the shell?

5. September 17, 2009 at 6:08 am #

That dessert was the perfect ending to your night as far as i’m concerned!!!

And that shrimp….oh, my!

6. September 17, 2009 at 6:49 am #

Mmm what a delicious meal…sweet potatoes always hit the spot!

7. Riss
    September 17, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Those cookies look scrumptious! I know what I’ll be doing tonight (or tomorrow). I’ll tell my boyfriend all the thanks goes to you! =)

8. Nicole
    September 21, 2009 at 1:47 am #

Mmmm, my weakness is freshly baked cookies.

I sit around trying to think of clever titles for far too long!! Maybe I should start a list of extras for when I can’t think of one 😀