Will Work For Shoes

How nice was it to not get up before the birds and not have to spend 3 hours on public transit today? Hurray for weekends!

We had an absolute downpour last night, but when I got up, it was a beautiful sunny day I scrapped oats, and went a different route.

food2 1087

I had some yogurt that I was neglecting in the fridge, so I went with a granola yogurt bowl.

food2 1085

I topped my plain, non-fat yogurt with some Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (mom bought a big ol’ box at Costco, so we’re set for awhile), coconut, and my last dried peach.

food2 1083

Weekend breakfasts deserve a little chocolate, so I had mine in the form of Artisana Cacao Bliss on some toasted Silver Hills “The Big 16” bread.

food2 1081

And I’m still working on that jug of cranberry pomegranate juice.

food2 1088

All sort of fun for my tastebuds!

food2 1091

After much time wasting, I made myself presentable and went to the mall with my sister. We went our separate ways, as we each had different errands to run. Turns out the mall was the place to be today – I think the parking lot was near capacity when we arrived. I had to get my cell phone number changed to a local number, and devise a better/cheaper plan. Then I went window shopping. Well, I had considered buying a couple things I’d see last weekend when I was out – too bad they weren’t in my size at this mall. Lame. I did try some shoes I’ve been eyeing up for awhile now – some sweet Ed Hardy shoes They were perfect – too bad my lack of job made me leave the store without them 😦 My sister on the other hand – girl bought out the whole mall practically. What a jerk 😉

I may have left without new kicks, but I did put together a great lunch.

food2 1098

food2 1097

I knew I was going to finish off the rest of the local side-striped shrimp. No way I was letting them go bad – they were just too damn delicious for that.

food2 1096

There was a ripe avocado calling my name, so I whipped up some of my Laughing Cow/avocado smash, and spread it on a toasted whole wheat naan, and topped it with a dab of salsa.

food2 1095

That smash deserves a close up.

food2 1101

The combination of avocado and shrimp reminded me of my time in Ecuador last year. Ah, memories.

food2 1094

My mom twisted my rubber arm, and made me finish off the last cookie. She’s so mean 😉

food2 1093

So after lunch, I got down to business. And by business, I mean homework and job applying. A thrill a minute, I’ll tell ya! Eventually dinner time rolled around, and per usual, I went scavenging in the fridge.

food2 1103

Leftover pizza! I had two slices of the chicken, spinach, roasted red pepper, mushroom pizza from last night. Too bad all the breadsticks were gone. Not that I really needed them.

food2 1106

Because I’m so cool, I then spent even more time this evening doing school work. What can I say, I want to do well – I need all the marks I can get to help boost my application to the dietetics program next year. Don’t worry, I didn’t work too hard – I made sure to intersperse a little blog reading in every once in awhile to give my brain a break. And I had a frosty treat.

food2 1114

Frozen blueberries in milk, with a touch of vanilla and sprinkle of sugar.

food2 1112

This is one of my favourite desserts/snacks from my childhood. Mom would even pack it in little insulated containers to take to school, and it would still be frosty and delicious. See how the milk freezes around the frozen berries? Perfect!

food2 1117

Better than ice cream? Pretty damn close!

Now it’s time to step away from my desktop, otherwise I’ll just be tempted to work on school work again. Perhaps some blog reading in bed is in order? Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch

12 Comments on “Will Work For Shoes”

1. September 20, 2009 at 3:17 am #

Too bad about the shoes 😦 Good luck with the job hunting. I get so sad sometimes when I go shopping and I can’t afford the things I love! Makes me more motivated to save though I guess!

2. lessonstolearn
    September 20, 2009 at 4:58 am #

I love the frozen milk and blueberries idea! I’m going to try that.

I will be spending my Sunday studying. I have that same pressure to do well in these classes so I can actually get into the dietetics program!

3. Lizzy
    September 20, 2009 at 5:28 am #

i would have never thought to put frozen fruit into milk! what a great idea i totally need to try that!

good luck with hw and job applying, thats what i’ll be doing all day!

4. September 20, 2009 at 5:39 am #

I use frozen berries in my cereal every morning, and that always happens! It used to annoy me, now I’m used to it and I still enjoy it 🙂

Your dinner creation looks awesome. I love the avocado and shrimp combo, yum. As for your shopping experience, it sounds similar to my shopping experiences! Whenever I go shopping with anyone they always end up buying much more than I do. I just don’t have the money so I am really picky about what I get. I guess that’s a good thing, but I can’t WAIT to start my job and finally get some real clothes!

5. September 20, 2009 at 6:28 am #

That frozen blueberries and milk sounds like an amazing combination. I would have never thought of doing that!

Going to the mall on a Saturday is like going to Costco on a Saturday – too many people!!

6. Taylor
    September 20, 2009 at 9:10 am #

The avocado mash looks surprisingly appealing. I’ll have to pick myself up some laughing cow and whip that one up sometime. Have a great Sunday. 😀

mybiteoflife.wordpress.com

7. Nicole
    September 20, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

Mmmmm..avocado!!

Weird, but I also love the shape of that toast..

8. September 20, 2009 at 6:51 pm #

Mmmm…there’s those tasty looking shrimpies again! 😉

I’m gonna have to try the frozen blueberries in milk. Sounds good. I love how the berries POP when slightly frozen….

9. September 20, 2009 at 6:57 pm #

THREE hours!!?! I feel your pain – when I lived in Toronto I used to have a 1.5 – 2hour commute ONE WAY!!!! Needless to say I was so not impressed that people who lived in other cities had a shorter commute – all because they used the GO Train (commuter rail)!

10. September 20, 2009 at 9:42 pm #

Right there with ya–will totally work for shoes.
    This whole post looks fan-freakintastic!

11. September 21, 2009 at 7:15 pm #

Ugh, your sister is so rude. Joke!
    I love that granola. It’s literally the best, probably better than homemade, right?
    We used to eat strawberries in half and half! It was so simple and amazing!

• September 21, 2009 at 7:17 pm #

The simplest foods are almost always the best, eh?