Loafing Around

I’m pretty sure I’ve reached my bread quota for the day. That wonderful loaf of Farmer’s Market 7 Grain bread made another appearance at dinner!

food2 1174

It was basically a leftovers dinner. I grabbed the pinkest piece of roast beef I could find. And yes, I cut out all the marbling that I could. I cannot stand the texture of the fat in meat when it’s cold. *shudders* But check out that embedded garlic. Yum.

food2 1173

Some steamed broccoli & cauliflower, with lots of fresh cracked pepper.

food2 1172

And here’s where that delicious bread comes in – I slathered my slice in some Laughing Cow/avocado mash. Definitely better than butter.

food2 1171

No wine tonight though – I think that would have put me to sleep right after dinner!

food2 1170

Tonight I got to watch some hockey! So excited that hockey season is back. Sure, it was just a pre-season game, but it’s still counts. Especially since my boys, the Canucks, won in a shoot out. Woot!

I worked on our group presentation and read blogs while enjoying the game, then made my way to the kitchen for a little snack.

food2 1178

A yogurt bowl – plain yogurt mixed with vanilla whey protein powder, cinnamon & nutmeg, topped with canned peaches, frozen blueberries, flax seed, and almonds.

food2 1183

With a mug of Stash Creme Caramel Decaf tea – splash of milk & agave included.

food2 1180

Someone was pretending to be innocent & cute. Riiiight

sienna 3348

Time to get some essential reading done for class tomorrow, so my 3 hour lunch break is free to work on Powerpoint. I can hardly wait! Night

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Sienna, Snack

6 Comments on “Loafing Around”

1. September 22, 2009 at 4:52 am #

YAY hockey season!! Except my favorite player was injured at camp so he’s been out 😦

2. September 22, 2009 at 6:31 am #

Ha…Sienna…what a ham bone!!

Cold roast beef with mustard pretty much rocks….especially with a hunk of garlic!

I think the next 6 months of my life are gonna be hockey focused period. Between the NHL, OHL, my hubby and son….hockey, hockey, hockey.

3. September 22, 2009 at 7:10 am #

Yeah, cold meat, in general is not my favorite. I love cold food too, but protein not so much.
    I have to say there is one thing I DO NOT miss about college, and that is group projects! I always ended up being the one who did all the work and it was always so frustrating. Good luck to you.

4. littlemissminny
    September 22, 2009 at 7:32 am #

What a cute cat 🙂 Can I have him? 😀
    I like cold chicken. But other stuff. no no. oh no 😀

5. September 22, 2009 at 11:41 am #

kitty!!! so cute!

and that bread looks awesome!

6. September 22, 2009 at 11:46 pm #

OH SIENNA! Yeah, I’m just laying here, preparing to shred this tablecloth 🙂 She’s so beautiful!