Ready & Waiting

Custom trail mix is always a winner to keep me going through my 4 hour class on Tuesdays & Thursdays.

fffs_lp 072

But it sure is nice to come home from my long, 12 hour day at school, knowing dinner will be ready and waiting for me when I walk in the door.

food2 1190

Mom had done up a whole BBQ chicken tonight. Much juicier and tastier than the ones you pick up at the deli.

food2 1188

First winter squash of the season! We picked up a lovely acorn squash at the Farmer’s Market on Sunday, and it was cooked up the “traditional” way in our house – roasted and topped with cheddar cheese.

food2 1186

And a fresh side salad of leaf lettuce, radishes, green onion, and yellow pepper. I used Annie’s Organic Green Garlic Dressing tonight.

food2 1185

A few carrot sticks found their way on the plate as well.

food2 1184

And yes, I totally ate that whole giant piece of squash. It was great!

Now it’s time to watch some Hell’s Kitchen & SYTYCD Canada while I sip on this

food2 1192

No, it’s not a cappuccino, it’s hot chocolate. Ecuadorian hot chocolate no less. Off to enjoy the rest of my Tuesday evening. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Snack

9 Comments on “Ready & Waiting”

1. September 23, 2009 at 4:10 am #

still to this day i’ve never had an acorn squash. and im a huge squash lover. gotta try it, it always looks so good!

2. September 23, 2009 at 4:12 am #

whoa whoa whoa, rewind… acorn squash with cheddar?! YES PLEASE!!!!

3. September 23, 2009 at 5:35 am #

Mmm… hot chocolate! And, I love acorn squash. I started eating it about 2 years ago when my mom made it for me and I Was like, “what is this?!?!” and she told me. Since then I have been hooked.
    Love Hell’s Kitchen. Nick and I have it taped to watch tonight 🙂

4. September 23, 2009 at 6:47 am #

I need to buy an acorn squash! It’s been far too long since I’ve had one! Hope you had a relaxing night!!

5. September 23, 2009 at 6:52 am #

I’ve never thought tp put cheddar on my squash. Sounds like it would be wicked good!!!

6. September 23, 2009 at 7:26 am #

Love acorn squash!

7. Lizzy
    September 23, 2009 at 7:39 am #

uh i hear ya on 12+ hour school days. there killer, but its awesome coming home knowing dinner is waiting for you! that was me yesterday too!

Where did you get your Annie’s dressing? that sounds awesome

• September 23, 2009 at 5:14 pm #

I just picked up the dressing at one of my local “healthier” grocery stores. I think if you go to a store with a good selection of Annie’s Dressings, you’ll be able to find it 🙂

8. September 23, 2009 at 9:31 am #

we picked up a bbq deli hot chicken YESTERDAY. so easy, so quick.

acorn squashy!! yay for fall foods!!!!!!!!!1