Early Bird Special

Man, I never get around to posting my dinner this early! I must be getting old – or at least getting onto a schedule that’s more conducive to my early mornings

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. We haven’t “had” lunch yet.

food2 1199

I threw together something quick when I walked in the door, because I was hungry. Not that breakfast didn’t tide me over – it was almost 2 pm when I got home!

I started with a slice of Silver Hills “The Big 16” bread that I toasted up, and spread with ED&BV Lemon Cashew Basil Pesto, and topped with leftover shredded BBQ chicken.

food2 1200

Proof there is pesto under there.

food2 1198

On the side there were carrot sticks. When do I not eat carrot sticks? Especially if they are already in the fridge, cut up and waiting to be consumed with some dill dip.

food2 1202

I also had a hankering for some yogurt.

food2 1201

I *thought* there were some canned peaches in the fridge still. Nope – turns out someone ate them. Hmph. So I went the frozen fruit route – yogurt topped with Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola, Saskatoon berry creamed honey, and frozen blueberries.

food2 1194

Out in the sunshine – can you believe it was 30 degrees Celsius at my house today? It’s supposed to be fall people!

food2 1193

It was way too hot to stay outside, so wandered back in to do some biochemistry reading. Actually, I had wanted to go to the gym, but couldn’t get out of our driveway. The city is currently digging up parts of our street, and they were working in front of our house all afternoon. They even had some of their vehicles parked in our driveway, so alas, I was house bound. At least I got some school stuff done.

Dinner eventually came around, and mom made one of my favourites.

food2 1208

Wild coho salmon, done up on the BBQ with lemon & dill.

food2 1204

A pile of steamed green beans.

food2 1205

And brown basmati rice with soy sauce.

food2 1206

Fresh wild salmon is the best!

food2 1203

Unpictured were the handful of concord grapes I munch on while clearing the table and tidying the kitchen. But I’m sure you all know what grapes look like

Now I’m off to settle in with the laptop for some blog reading & tv watching. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Lunch

8 Comments on “Early Bird Special”

1. September 23, 2009 at 8:19 pm #

salmon, green beans, chicken…….DROOLING! 🙂

HAPPY THURSDAY LADY!

2. Lizzy
    September 23, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

LOVVVVVE salmon!!!!! i need to eat more of it though thats for sure! 🙂

3. lessonstolearn
    September 24, 2009 at 4:30 am #

Salmon is at the top of my favorite dinner list. Looks like a good day for one that started so rushed.

4. September 24, 2009 at 4:46 am #

holy moly. Salmon and basamanti rice!? YUMMM. I love salmon on the bbq – it taste amazing.

5. September 24, 2009 at 5:11 am #

YUM i made some pesto the other day too! yours looks and sounds amazing 🙂

6. September 24, 2009 at 5:39 am #

Glad you’ve found, or at least for a while, a good schedule that works for you!
    That 16 grain bread looks awesome. I love a good loaf of bread, toated and topped with great foods! Pesto sounds great on a slice of bread.

7. September 24, 2009 at 6:49 am #

2 great meals! Chicken sandwiches are the best. I like to turn them into Caesar sammies with romaine and dressing. Tasty stuff!

8. September 24, 2009 at 7:30 am #

Marianne, that pesto sounds amazing!! I still wished I liked salmon, your mom’s looks so flavorful!

I am with you on the fall temps – we had them in August but I want them now! 😀