Fall Is Here

I know fall officially started last week, but the weather has only just turned here. Now it really feels like fall   At least the rain hasn’t shown up just yet – I’m sure it will be here tomorrow.

Today was the usual early start. Early start = easy breakfast.

food2 1300

Good ol’ Nature’s Path Pumpkin Raisin Crunch cereal, bathing in a sea of milk.

food2 1301

With a glass of imposter Mango Peach Party. This is Tropicana’s Orange Mango Peach juice, and let me tell you – totally subpar. I want my Happy Planet!

food2 1302

About as basic as breakfast can be.

food2 1297

Today was the usual Monday – 1 hour of class, followed by my volunteer shift at Sprouts. I decide to try out a new baked treat today from the cafe. I went with the double chocolate chip cookie.

food2 1304

Looks pretty freakin’ awesome eh? Well…the taste was good. But it was hard as a rock! I have nothing against a crisp cookie, but this was almost had to even bite through. Which is crazy, because they were made yesterday. No reason it should be that dried out. I really want to love our baked goods, but so far, both of the ones I’ve tried have been dry. Le sigh.

I made my way home via transit, where I put together a fabulous lunch.

food2 1308

There was still some salmon in the fridge, and I couldn’t just let it go to waste. So I made myself a sandwich.

food2 1310

In between two slices of Silver Hills “The Big 16” bread I smashed 1/4 of an avocado, added a hunk of wild coho salmon, a slice of havarti cheese, and some iceberg lettuce. I also spread on a little garlic aioli that my sister had made up last night for dinner.

food2 1306

I had the standard raw veggies on the side.

food2 1307

It’s so much nicer to be able to enjoy lunch at home.

food2 1305

Too bad I was full after only half the sandwich! I packed up the other half though, so hopefully it keeps alright for tomorrow’s lunch.

Now I need to go work on something uber important – my hockey pool selections! The draft is Wednesday night. Later!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Baking, Breakfast, Lunch

6 Comments on “Fall Is Here”

1. September 28, 2009 at 4:36 pm #

MPP imposter…. not bad 😀

2. Lizzy
    September 28, 2009 at 4:59 pm #

dang i wish that chocolate chip cookie would have upheld its name! Hopefully next time though! 🙂 lunch looks awesome, i love salmon and would have never of thought to put it in a sandwich! good idea girl!

Hopefully your hockey draft goes well!

3. September 28, 2009 at 5:54 pm #

YAY for hockey season!! I’m so happy it’s back – it’s the only sport that I can be bothered to watch!

4. September 28, 2009 at 6:09 pm #

Your sandwiches never cease to amaze me! They look so yummy, always.

I can’t believe you have not had any rain, I’m jealous. It finally stopped today and my hair is no longer a bog puff ball.

I did not know you were volunteering at Sprouts. I checked out the website and it looks like a fantastic place to work/volunteer. I bet you get the best samples and food when you work there.

5. September 28, 2009 at 8:13 pm #

Bummer on the hard cookie– I much prefer the soft, chewy ones.

6. September 29, 2009 at 7:05 am #

That cookie sure does look good! Maybe it would’ve moistened a bit after being nuked? You know, cuz everybody straps one of those to their back when they leave the house! 😉