Fun With Stats

I’ve spent a good part of my evening burying my head in hockey stats. I think this is one of the only uses of stats I actually find fun. Even if I never win the hockey pool

While I was crunching numbers, I also crunched on this.

food2 1311

Terra Blue Potato Chips. I picked these up on the weekend as they were on sale. I love all the Terra Chips, it’s just too bad they are always so pricey. I dished out a little bowl.

food2 1314

I actually had never had the blue potato chips before, but they were delicious. I like that they are cut slightly thicker than regular chips as well. Definite thumbs up

Dinner time eventually came around. Mom had been out hiking all day, then the rain came, so it just seemed like a good night for a quick, warm dinner. Hence, soup was on the menu.

food2 1318

We dished up some Campbell’s Chunky Chicken Noodle.

food2 1321

I had some leftover salad on the side – red leaf lettuce, radishes, cucumber, green onion, sunflower seeds, craisins, Brianna’s Honey Mustard Dressing.

food2 1319

And a few saltines with cheddar cheese. Soup + cheese + crackers. It just goes together!

food2 1320

Although I probably should have spent some time on school work, I was just too wrapped up in my hockey pool stats to bother cracking a book. I did break for a little evening snack though – mostly because I wanted to try out some new peanut butter.

food2 1322

I also picked this one up when I was out this weekend – Maranatha Organic Peanut Butter. It was on sale for $2.99 a jar, which is the same price as the store brand non-organic peanut butter I normally buy. Since that jar was almost gone, I figured why not try this one out. And what better way to do so than with apple slices

food2 1324

How ridiculously creamy is this peanut butter?!

food2 1325

With a farmer’s market ambrosia apple & cinnamon.

food2 1326

I’m not totally sure how I feel about this peanut butter. It’s just so smooooooth. I’m used to bit more texture in my peanut butter. But it has good flavour. And I don’t think it has as much salt as the my usual peanut butter. I’ll just have to work my way through the jar to decide how I truly feel. Such a rough job, but someone’s gotta do it 😉

Now I’m going to drag myself away from the computer, and actually head to bed. Oh, who am I kidding. I’ll be taking the laptop with me. LOL. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Snack

8 Comments on “Fun With Stats”

1. September 28, 2009 at 11:43 pm #

Everything looks so delicious!

2. September 29, 2009 at 4:55 am #

MaraNatha makes the best almond butter and I think that PB looks fabulous! You’ll have to be sure to let us know if you end up loving it or not.

I’ve checked out those chips before but haven’t ever bought them. They look good and they’re my fave colour. I also like that they are cut thicker. Seems like it would make them more hardy, ya know?

3. September 29, 2009 at 6:04 am #

2.99?? How cheap!! I agree with Krista above, Maranatha’s almond butter is awesome, but I agree with you about the PB, it’s not salty or crunchy enough. It still tastes really good though.
    I love Terra chips. I also like when chips are cut thicker. I’ve never had the blue chip flavor, I usually get their veggie (beet and sweet potato) chips! They are so addicting.

4. September 29, 2009 at 7:11 am #

ooo! i want to try that brand of PB!! i just had a honey crisp apple right now!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm

hurray for cheese n crackers!!!!

have a great day Marianne!

5. September 29, 2009 at 9:14 am #

I haven’t had saltines in AGES! Now I’m craving them! When I first saw your title I cringed – I hated stats! Then I saw it was about hockey and it made it alright 🙂

6. Lizzy
    September 29, 2009 at 8:42 pm #

warm soup is my favorite thing about the cold weather, and you reminded me how much i dont eat it enough!

Hope hockey stats is going good!

7. September 30, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

Have you ever tried grinding PB at the store?

• October 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm #

You know, I’m not sure if any stores around here offer that. I know the Whole Foods downtown has a fresh grind PB stand, but none of the stores out in the ‘burbs do. I bet it tastes amazing though.