Gorging On Garbanzos

Hello wonderful readers. Hope you are all having a great Tuesday so far, and that it’s not nearly as rainy where you are as it is here   It’s been an on & off downpour all day. This has just reaffirmed to me that I need a new waterproof jacket, and some new shoes.

I woke up this morning wanting peanut butter & banana oats. Too bad we didn’t have one of the key ingredients – bananas. So I had to settle for another taste sensation.

fffs_lp 088

Matcha Goji Oatmeal. Yum!

fffs_lp 085

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 1 tbsp Ruth’s Chia Goodness cereal
  • 2 tbsp dried organic goji berries
  • splash of vanilla
  • squirt of agave nectar
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • sprinkle of almond slices

fffs_lp 087

With a glass of the imposter Mango Peach Party juice.

fffs_lp 090

Definitely good fuel for a rainy, cold day.

fffs_lp 083

I had totally forgotten about my chia cereal hiding in the cupboard, but decided to throw a little in this morning. It made for a slightly different, more gelled texture, but not too much.

I managed to get in 40 pages of reading done on my commute to school. Score! Too bad I had another 2 papers to read on my lunch break.

Speaking of lunch – I had no desire to take any of the food from our fridge today. I stood there, looking blankly at my choices, and was not into any of them. So I grabbed a few random items, and decided to actually purchase something at school.

Things that made it into my school bag:

A Key Lime Pie Larabar.

fffs_lp 095

Farmer’s Market ambrosia apple

fffs_lp 097

Terra blue potato chips.

fffs_lp 096

My homemade custom trail mix.

fffs_lp 098

Not really a bad selection, but I wanted something more "mail meal" like. Considering the weather, I thought about soup, but then I saw something that caught my eye.

fffs_lp 099

A falafel & hummus wrap (from The Delly in the SUB, for those UBC’ers out there). Chickpeas on top of chickpeas. How could you go wrong?

fffs_lp 100

Just looking at that picture is making me crave falafel again

The wrap came with cucumber, lettuce, and tomato (which I nixed, of course). I think the only thing that would have made it better would be a little red onion, but that’s just me bring nit picky. It was really good! I always forget how awesome falafel is until I have some, then I want to make them right away!

And just to show you, here’s a side profile of those thick cut blue potato chips.

fffs_lp 103

I managed to nab a decent lunch spot with a view of the rain falling over campus.

fffs_lp 105

So far I’ve consumed the wrap, apple, and chips. I’ll save my other goodies for later if I’m hungry. And I did get some more reading done on my lunch – just not all of it. Probably because I worked on my hockey pool. Tee hee.

Well, time to pack up and head to my marathon 4 hour class. Later

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack

11 Comments on “Gorging On Garbanzos”

1. September 29, 2009 at 3:42 pm #

ahhh, I remember four hour classes, ugh. That falafel wrap looks amazing, and the key lime larabar sounds like something I should buy for my dad. He isn’t into health food but he LOVES keylime pie. So…maybe he would eat one of those!

2. September 29, 2009 at 7:05 pm #

i need to find those blue terra chips. i’ve seen them all over blogs and want to try!

3. September 29, 2009 at 7:32 pm #

ugh that wrap is so die for. i want falafel!! too bad I am a) too poor to ever eat out and b) too lazy to make my own! haha wow that sounds so pathetic!!!

love that pretty breakfast mama!

happy wed!

4. September 29, 2009 at 8:20 pm #

I’ve never tried goji berries due to the price tag, but you’re making me think I should change that…

• October 3, 2009 at 3:01 pm #

They are pretty pricey, but I find you don’t need to add too many to have a good goji presence in your oats ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Lizzy
    September 29, 2009 at 8:39 pm #

yumm goji berries! i want some!

i can’t belive that wrap, it looks so gourmet! I wish my school had eats like that!

6. September 30, 2009 at 6:41 am #

I love the view from your window! So pretty!

7. September 30, 2009 at 9:23 am #

There’s those great oats again!

It’s been raining like a bugger here, too. So much for a nice fall!

That wrap looks/sounds amazing. Great buy….and nice little corner you found yourself there. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. September 30, 2009 at 10:03 am #

That wrap!! What a great combination! I wish my school had something remotely healthy like that – the closest thing is Subway ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Boo to icky weather!

• October 3, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

We actually seem to have quite a few good eateries on campus. I was suprised actually, because the other schools I’ve gone to haven’t had as many options, and it was too far to go off campus to get something. I guess because UBC is such a big school, they have the demand for all the options.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. One Midterm Down… « from french fries to flax seeds - October 17, 2009

[…] not enough food, right? So I grabbed a wrap from The Delly on campus. I had enjoyed their falafel & chickpea wrap so much, I knew Iโ€™d have to go back and try out some […]