Season Opener

Hockey is back baby! canucks

I even made it home from my class just in time for the start of the game. We got out about 15 minutes early. Perhaps the professors knew we all needed to get home for the game πŸ˜‰

Not only was hockey ready to go when I got home, so was my dinner.

fffs_lp 151

Mom baked up some crispy chicken. I think she used saltines to coat it, but I could be wrong. I served mine with a little sweet chili sauce.

fffs_lp 148

There was also a baked potato, which I also doctored up with some sweet chili sauce, and a little yogurt.

fffs_lp 145

A mountain of steamed broccoli & carrots, with a little parmesan cheese.

fffs_lp 146

I was a hungry girl when I got home, and I polished off the whole plate. Yum!

fffs_lp 144

Dinner, was good, too bad my boys lost their first game. Oh well, we still have another 81 to go. I had a little something sweet later on, to take away the pain of losing πŸ˜‰

A frothy mug of hot chocolate.

fffs_lp 155

And a wee little Werther’s Original candy (with a side of Roberto Luongo in the background).

fffs_lp 153

I was pretty wiped when I got home, and may have had a little power snooze in the middle of the hockey game 😳 I have a feeling 5:30 am is going to come way sooner than I would like, so I must bid you adieu. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Dinner

7 Comments on “Season Opener”

1. October 2, 2009 at 5:34 am #

Mmm crispy chicken, loaded baked potato and steamed veggies? Such a classic dinner and yet yours looks like the supreme version! Delicious.

I feel like, as a Canadian, it’s practically my duty to start watching hockey for once. I’m so out of the loop on it!

• October 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm #

Kristie – I think you have to watch hockey, otherwise they take away your citizenship πŸ˜‰

2. October 2, 2009 at 6:06 am #

Yeah hockey! I feel like it just ended. We are Blue Jackets fans here in Columbus. IT gets crazy over here!

3. October 2, 2009 at 6:33 am #

WOOHOO for hockey!! I know all the bloggies lose their minds over football but give me some hockey πŸ™‚

I need to try the potato/sweet chili sauce combo – delish!

4. October 2, 2009 at 7:59 am #

What a great dinner. The potato looks especially tasty with that chili sauce all over it…

5. October 2, 2009 at 8:26 am #

that baked potato looks to die for!

6. October 2, 2009 at 9:31 pm #