Finally Friday

It’s been a long, tiring week. I think my little trip over to Victoria made it that much more so. I was not wanting to get out of bed at 5:30 this morning, that’s for sure. But I somehow made it out of my warm, cozy bed and into the kitchen for some breakfast.

Our peaches are quickly advancing past their prime, so I knew I needed to save one from the compost bin.

food2 1347

I filled a small bowl with yogurt, Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax granola, half of a peach, and some coconut.

food2 1345

I swear there was yogurt and granola under there. See?!

food2 1348

My mom had baked some whole wheat dried fruit scones last night. Needless to say, I had to test one out, with a blanket of Maranatha Organic Peanut Butter.

food2 1349

And I finished off that damn imposter juice. Finally!

food2 1354

Another orange hued breakfast.

food2 1352

Mom’s scones get my seal of approval   They were quite tasty – I think she used raisins and dried cranberries in them. The peanut butter didn’t hurt either 😉

I was so tired today. I was doing the head bob all the way to school, fighting it all the way through class, and again on the way home. Fortunately, I didn’t miss any of my transfer points. Phew!

When I got home, I needed some grub. I finished off the Terra Blue Potato Chip crumbs someone left in the bag while I surveyed the fridge for options.

food2 1355

Seriously, who does that?!

My fridge searching revealed a lonely bbq’d hamburger. I decided to show it some love with a little Tex-Mex flair.

food2 1364

I toasted a slice of whole wheat bread, them smashed on 1/4 of an avocado, added some salsa, and the reheated hamburger.

food2 1359

To put it totally over the top, I added some jalapeno slices and melty sharp cheddar.

food2 1362

And yes, it was as spectacular as it looks. I had thought about doing some kale chips on the side, but the last of my kale was no good. Booo-urns.

I spent some quality time with the newspaper, then did some research online (with a few mah jong games thrown in for fun). I’ve decided the rest of my evening is homework free, and tomorrow will be a dedicated study day. Now I’m off to figure out what this family is having for dinner – my mom is gone for the weekend, which means dad is cooking. And by cooking, I mean ordering take out. I have to figure out what I’m craving. Later!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

8 Comments on “Finally Friday”

1. October 2, 2009 at 5:15 pm #

YES, FINALLY!! Now can the MPP be represented, please???? 😉

• October 3, 2009 at 3:06 pm #

Unfortunaly, we still don’t have any in the house. I’ll have to express to my mom how I need the MPP and not all the other stuff she keeps buying. LOL.

2. October 3, 2009 at 4:53 am #

Mmmm…scones. Love those treats. Your burger looks stellar!

3. October 3, 2009 at 5:39 am #

PB on a scone looks amazing!

4. October 3, 2009 at 6:57 am #

Oh I get so mad when people leave food that’s almost gone! Although I will admit, I love the little pieces at the end 🙂

The peaches look delicious, and I have not had a scone in years!! NOw I want one. I love that you added peanut butter to it. Anything goes well with PB I guess!

5. October 3, 2009 at 1:52 pm #

Your mom’s scones look delicious! And I think sliced jalapenos belong on just about everything – I’ve been out of them for too long!

Happy Saturday!

6. Lizzy
    October 3, 2009 at 3:33 pm #

homemade scones are seriously the best ever! 🙂 your mom is such a great baker!

7. October 4, 2009 at 6:43 am #

Those scones look incredible!! I haven’t had one in so long, now I’m dying for one. Your mom is quite the baker!

One of my pet peeves is stuff like the chip bag – there will be one slice of bread left or a splash of milk. Just FINISH it, right?!