Nothing Says Cool…

…like studying biochemistry on a Saturday night!

food2 1400

I know, I know, you are all jealous. But hey, you can’t have play time all the time, right? And seeing as my first midterm is coming up in a mere 2 weeks, I figured it was time to get down to business.

Don’t worry, I didn’t spend all of my Saturday night with amino acids.

I made the trek to the gym late in the afternoon, and the traffic had actually gotten better since this morning. Hurray for that for sure. I had a mind clearing cardio session on the stairclimber and elliptical, then made my way home. It was only myself and my dad for dinner tonight, and he had a hankerin’ for some Chinese food. What can I say, it’s one of our family go-to take out options!

food2 1392

Since it was only the two of us, we each ordered a 3 item dinner for one, so we could customize what we wanted. Well, let me tell you, this dinner for 1? It was at least two dinners’ worth of food. So like a good little girl, I portioned out half of the food onto a plate, and put the rest away in the fridge.

The list of choices for the dinners was pretty limited, but I worked with it. My first choice was the Diced Chicken With Cashewchicken, celery, carrots, peas, mushrooms, baby corn, cashews.

food2 1389

Choice #2 was the Sweet & Sour Pork – pork, green pepper, onion, pineapple.

food2 1391

And I can’t have Chinese food without a noodle, so I went with the only option – Chicken Chow Mein.

food2 1388

I’m pretty sure you can all guess what I’ll be having for lunch tomorrow

After dinner, I got caught up on a couple shows on the PVR from this past week, then watched the remainder of one of the late hockey games while getting caught up on some reading. Then I figured it was about time to dig into the biochemistry.

Of course, studying required brain food.

food2 1395

My mom’s fruit scones sounded like the perfect option. I heated mine up and spread on a wee bit of Artisana Coconut Butter.

food2 1394

I also brewed up a cup of Stash Coconut Mango Oolong Tea, with a splash of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and agave nectar.

food2 1397

Tea & scones. How British of me!

food2 1393

Of course, my dad brought me another distraction – he has a hockey pool through is old work, and he asked if I wanted to put in a team. Like I could say no. So once I had my fill of biochem knowledge, I started perusing my options for this hockey pool. Yes, I’m a hockey fiend. What can I say? Maybe this year will be my year, and I’ll actually turn a profit on my hockey pools? Fingers crossed people!

And now, my Saturday night has turned into Sunday morning, which I think is my cue to consider some sleep. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Snack

13 Comments on “Nothing Says Cool…”

1. October 4, 2009 at 1:13 am #

Oh man, studying on a Saturday. At least you had a great dinner to make up for it! I’ll be doing some work today too, so don’t worry you aren’t alone with doing work on weekends!!

2. October 4, 2009 at 6:07 am #

I was always one of the few people who stayed in on Saturday nights to study or finish projects… and eat 🙂

3. Nicole
    October 4, 2009 at 6:37 am #

I actually am kind of jealous!! I never thought I’d say this.. I actually MISS school so badly!

4. October 4, 2009 at 6:47 am #

Oooooh, amino acids. You and I are going to be the studious bloggers this weekend! I don’t know what I’m more envious of: that killer scone or those awesome multi-colored pens. I love me some office supplies!

• October 5, 2009 at 10:08 pm #

I’m kind of proud of those multicoloured pens. Any colour you need, I got em. Great for studying, when you don’t want to highlight everything up.

5. October 4, 2009 at 9:22 am #

studying on a saturday! good girl! 😉
    those scones look insanely good!

6. Lizzy
    October 4, 2009 at 10:18 am #

i spied some pretty awesome colorful pens. i feel as long as i have my pack of every color sharpie in the world on my side while i’m studying, that things go way better! haha 🙂 a hockey pool looks like alot of fun! i totes need to get myself into that! hope this year is your year!

7. October 4, 2009 at 10:35 am #

haha, sports pools are not by most lucky investment! I’ve probably won once, out of many times.
    I’ve never heard of coconut butter, I should look for some of that!! It sounds wonderful.

8. October 4, 2009 at 8:10 pm #

i stayed in to study too on Saturday. in fact I didn’t go out AT ALL this weekend. Oh well, my liver is happy, my hw load is lessened, I didn’t fall behind on sleep, AND I saved money! not bad!

9. October 4, 2009 at 9:10 pm #

Glad to know I am not the only one who had a lame Saturday night 🙂 I have spent many Saturday’s the same was as you … fortunately last night I wasn’t studying … but I didn’t do anything exciting either.

10. October 5, 2009 at 6:05 am #

Look at all your colourful pens!!!

The scones look wonderfully flakey….perfect with a tea!

My hub is in a few hockey pools…none for $$, though….;)

11. October 5, 2009 at 5:52 pm #

I have to admit…I’m jealous of your amazingly cool pen holder!

• October 5, 2009 at 10:10 pm #

Seems like my set of coloured pens was quite the popular blog feature! HA!