Dark And Early

I know the saying is bright and early, but it doesn’t seem to make sense when you are getting up when it’s still dark out, now does it?

I did not want to get out of my cozy, warm bed this morning. Not for a biochem lecture, that’s for sure. But I was the good student, and forced myself to get up and going. It helps when you have tasty breakfast options around.

I started with one of the last homemade scones, slathered with Maranatha Organic Peanut Butter.

food2 1421

Accompanied by a simple bowl of Nature’s Path Pumpkin Raisin Crunch cereal & unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze. (Side note – I always type “pumpking” instead of “pumpkin”. I have no idea why!)

food2 1423

Plus a glass of cranberry juice. Must drink up this bottle so I can move onto something a little better.

food2 1427

Breakfast in less than 5 min. Gotta love that when you get up at 5:30 am

food2 1419

I must have not hit all my bus connections right this morning, because I was actually a couple minutes late for my lecture. They were still on the first slide though, so I know I didn’t miss much 🙂 I then had my usual volunteer shift at Sprouts. We had some mighty good looking soup on the menu today for lunch – I wish I had been staying around!

food2 1437

Maybe I should try recreating something similar myself? I have had a creative cooking urge for a few days now. Hmmm…

At least there was a new baked good for me to try out this week

food2 1430

Yes, I went with the Infamous Diet-Buster Cookie (although, I take issue with the name – do we really need to label a baked treat as “diet-busting”?).

food2 1440

Hello delicious cookie that is as big as my hand! This one did not disappoint – it was perfectly crumbly, the way you want a cookie to be. Plus it was peanut butter & chocolate. You really can’t go wrong there.

We also had some beautiful organic peaches come in with our produce order today. I swear, they were the size of a baseball, if not bigger. One of them was a little bruised, so we had to sacrifice it to taste test. Sooo good!

Once I finally found my way home, I made my own soup for lunch. I pulled some of homemade borscht out of my freezer, and topped it with sour cream and dill.

food2 1444

Plus an avocado & cheddar sandwich on toasted Silver Hills Squirrelly Bread.

food2 1442

And again with the weird lighting – I think it’s our windows. They have a slight green tint to keep the house from heating up too much in the summer.

food2 1441

I think I’m going to head out to cardio kickboxing with my sister tonight. That way I’ll get in some gym time, and be back in time to watch the hockey game at 7 pm. Go Canucks! Vancouver_Canucks

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Baking, Breakfast, Lunch, sprouts

8 Comments on “Dark And Early”

1. Lizzy
    October 5, 2009 at 5:18 pm #

i agree, why do they have to put the name diet buster on there, but seriously that looks amazing! 🙂

2. October 5, 2009 at 6:33 pm #

I always type pumpking, too 🙂 That scone slathered with PB is simply mouthwatering. But the cookie takes the cake, if that makes sense. I don’t like the name, either – let’s change it to the “Infamous Lifestyle Embracer” cookie. You like?

• October 7, 2009 at 9:12 pm #

Infamous Life Embracer definitely gave me a chuckle. I wonder if that would work well for marketing purposes for a cookie? LOL.

3. October 5, 2009 at 8:02 pm #

haha…whenever i type florida, i always type floriday. LOL.

and that scone looks awesome w/ the pb. i want to eat it off the screen!

i don’t like that name either…and i like jenn’s suggestion. 🙂

4. October 5, 2009 at 9:50 pm #

good days worth of eating!

i only take issue with the diet buster cookies… the package says wheat free but spelt flour is an ancient form of wheat and kamut flour is made from wheat. AND oats often are contaminated with wheat. they lie! very misleading to celiacs everywhere. i oughta write a letter!

• October 7, 2009 at 9:14 pm #

I have seen many items/recipes/cookbooks that are “wheat free”, but make no claims to be gluten free, and use flours like spelt & kamut. I agree, both are technically strains of wheat, but I guess because we don’t call them wheat, they can get away with calling things wheat free? I would hope that a celiac would look for the words “gluten free” and not just wheat free anyways.

5. October 6, 2009 at 6:06 am #

OMG….look at the size of the gorgeous cookie!! Drooling over here….

6. October 6, 2009 at 11:19 am #

Those scones! That cookie! I need to find some time to bake because I’m now craving both of those!!