Ready For The Weekend

Oh, how much I have looked forward to Friday. Not only is it the start to the weekend, but I only have an hour of class that I need to stay on campus for. As nice a campus as UBC is, I definitely enjoy it when I get to spend the majority of my day at home in my pajamas.

As seems to be the trend with Monday, Wednesday, and Friday breakfasts, I had a bowl of cereal.

fffs_lp 258

Nature’s Path Pumpkin Raisin Crunch in unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Nothing fancy, but totally delicious. I really like almond milk with cereal.

fffs_lp 257

With a glass of cranberry peach juice. Can’t say I’ll miss this juice when it’s gone.

fffs_lp 260

It’s all about the uber-quick breakfast.

fffs_lp 256

*car, train, bus, class, bus, train, car*

Then I was home! And not completely drowned from the torrential downpour we’ve had going on out there all day. I worked on the computer for awhile, then figured I should find some lunch.

fffs_lp 265

There was leftover stirfry in the fridge, that was really past it’s prime, but I hate throwing out food. I wasn’t really even in the mood for it either, which is why I only ate maybe 3/4 of the bowl?

fffs_lp 266

Which meant I had room for a little Hallowe’en candy πŸ˜‰

fffs_lp 268

Then I got myself all purdied up because I had an interview! No, not for a paying job (which I still need). But to volunteer at my local hospital. The woman was really nice, and actually said she would try and get me in with the dietitians there, instead of the jobs they were actually interviewing for. Sweet! I have orientation at the beginning of November.

I came home, got back in my pajamas (what, it’s rainy and gross out – I think pj’s are totally warranted). Since my lunch was small, and I was planning on a late dinner out, I had a snack, featuring this lovely.

fffs_lp 253

Pomegranate season baby!

fffs_lp 274

A bowl of plain, non-fat yogurt with frozen blueberries, pomegranate seeds, and a drizzle of creamed Saskatoon berry honey.

fffs_lp 275

And a couple of sourdough rye Wasa crackers with peanut butter.

fffs_lp 276

Of course, shortly thereafter, I got a phone call saying dinner plans had been pushed up by an hour. Which is too bad too, because I’m going for my favourite food with my cousin – sushi! There’s always room for sushi though, right?

Time to get ready to head out (aka – change out of pajamas). Have a great Friday night everyone! 😎

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack

9 Comments on “Ready For The Weekend”

1. October 23, 2009 at 7:52 pm #

Mmm pom and blueberry sounds like a fab combo!

2. October 24, 2009 at 12:58 am #

Man I miss my wasa with peanut butter! 😦 lol, what a weirdo I am. I’d have it for breakfast tomorrow, but I’m out of wasa crackers!

3. October 24, 2009 at 6:03 am #

I get nto my PJ’s as soon as I get home from work, too. Only when it’s cold and/or rainy, though!

Love your pomegranate bowl!

4. October 24, 2009 at 6:35 am #

I just found your blog and am so happy I did! I read basically 30 of your entries while eating breakfast. πŸ™‚ I cannot wait to keep reading!

P.S. Those pumpkin muffins you made a couple of days ago sound really good. I just made some pumpkin raisin bars–pumpkin goodies are the bomb!

5. October 24, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

I’m at the MAC store right now, using there computer and on this screen your pictures look EVEN BETTER than before! You make me actually WANT to eat a pomegranate! haha

6. October 24, 2009 at 1:31 pm #

Yep! Nasty weather = pajamas! Hope you had a fun sushi night!

7. October 24, 2009 at 6:10 pm #

Best cereal.
    I never really eat cereal with anything OTHER than almond milk anymore! Well unless it’s yogurt but in terms of liquid cereal toppings… it’s grand.

Ooh, crossing my fingers for ya for volunteering with the dietitians, that would be so awesome!

I didn’t know it was pomegranate season… totally going out to buy some now.

Hope you enjoyed the sushi and are having a great weekend!

8. October 25, 2009 at 6:26 am #

Woohoo for networking!! I hope you get a position with a dietitian there! Hope you had a lovely dinner πŸ™‚

PS. It’s ON Tuesday night! Although my team is sucking it up lately so…..

9. October 25, 2009 at 12:59 pm #