An Apple A Day

Keeps the doctor away. Good thing I had one for a snack this afternoon

fffs_lp 387

I never ended up going to Starbucks. My practical side thought I would be better off saving the money. Instead, I had this Cocoa Jocolat bar during class. They are alright. I think the Larabars are better.

fffs_lp 390

Class was long, per usual. We got to have an afternoon discussion on GMO’s which was quite interesting. I really wish there was some sort of legislation here in Canada (and the US for that matter), that companies had to identify foods that contain them. Whether you are against them or not, it’s not fair for consumers to not know what’s in their food. They should be allowed to make their own informed decisions, and they need that labelling to know.

Anyways…I missed the hockey game, since it was an early one. I think I got home just as it ended. Boo. At least there was dinner waiting for me.

Mom made split pea soup with the hambone from earlier this week. I think there’s also some barley in there πŸ™‚

fffs_lp 393

I also scored the last biscuit, and topped it with a little cheddar.

fffs_lp 392

Hearty homemade soup sure hit the spot on a cold, windy night like tonight.

fffs_lp 391

I spent some time perusing our midterm exam questions – we have 6 essay questions posted, but only 4 will be on our test on Tuesday. They seem pretty straight forward. I’ll have to jot down notes for each of them this weekend, and I should be set for the test!

I also took some time out to get a little activity in – some jumping jacks, ab work, and 15 min yoga. Nothing hard core, but it got the muscles moving. I can’t really ask for much more on my long school days.

I had a total craving for rhubarb all day today, so after my workout, I heated some up in the microwave, mixed in a wee bit of brown sugar, and topped some yogurt with it. I added a little granola for the crunch factor.

fffs_lp 398

I think rhubarb is highly underrated. I think there should be more rhubarb products out there. Anyone else with me?

But now, it’s time to get cozy under the covers. 5:30 will be here before you know it! Night

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Snack

7 Comments on “An Apple A Day”

1. November 6, 2009 at 4:04 am #

i don’t think i’ve ever had rhubarb. it looks good though.

2. littlemissminny
    November 6, 2009 at 4:29 am #

Never tried rhubarb. But it looks nice, all pinky πŸ™‚

3. November 6, 2009 at 5:36 am #

I’ve never had rhubarb! Hello biscuit and cheddar, you’re looking fantastic this morning πŸ˜‰

Congrats on your team’s win! Our teams must be on similar wave lengths!

4. November 6, 2009 at 6:17 am #

Apples are perfect ANY time of the day πŸ™‚

5. November 6, 2009 at 8:28 am #

I love rhubbarb! My all time favorite pie is rhubbarb pie. When my dad makes it, so good!

The GMO stuff was really interesting last year. I’d been so against it for so long, but the articles and the lectures really opened my eyes to the fact that there is so little information out there about it. All of it is completely biased, it’s amazing! It’s either from a company that has GMO products or a group completely anti-gmo products. No middle ground. And for there to be legistration we would have to have an exact idea of what a gmo is…. since it’s so unregulated it’s a huge umbrella term…

6. November 6, 2009 at 9:40 am #

Pea soup and rhubarb=2 of my favourites!!

7. November 6, 2009 at 10:34 am #

Your biscuits are making me drool! How is it that the color looks so good?!? My boyfriend loves Pillsbury and we always make the whole container, but the biscuits are never that lovely and golden brown!!! PERFECT combo with your momma’s soup…ahhh everything looks terrific!!