Shiver Me Timbers

No, I’m not turning into a pirate. It’s just WINDY out there today. And rainy, and cold   Typical BC fall weather, that’s for sure. Makes me glad I can hide inside all day. And that I had time to make a warming bowl of oatmeal this morning.

fffs_lp 381

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 3 dried figs, chopped
  • splash of vanilla
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • swirled in peanut butter
  • sprinkle of pomegranate seeds

fffs_lp 379

A glass of the usual.

fffs_lp 382

It was another fig-licious bowl!

fffs_lp 377

I decided to dress up as a studious 12 year old today – wore my glasses, and braids. Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

IMG000009

IMG000010

And no, that’s not the only hoodie I own – just the one I wear all the time. LOL.

Psychology lecture was the norm. We finally got our midterm marks back, and it was decent, around what I expected. And since I have a better idea of how he writes his midterms, I’m the next few will improve πŸ™‚

I couldn’t find a good couch to curl up on today, so instead I pulled up a piece of floor in the library, so I could compute and chow lunch.

fffs_lp 383

I made biscuit-wiches! Mom had made some baking powder biscuits last night, so I made up a couple of mini ham & cheese sammies. Delicious!

fffs_lp 385

The usual veggie component – carrot, cucumber, snap peas – for dipping in hummus.

fffs_lp 384

Time to get back to my lunch break. I’m considering a stop over at Sbucks on the way to my next class – it’s chilly out there!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

8 Comments on “Shiver Me Timbers”

1. November 5, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

MARIANNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    You are sooo cutee! I can’t believe you come back and comment on almost all my posts!! How did I get such a sweet blogging friend?! Thank you so much love!!!

And guess what? I wore pigtails today TOO!! Pigtail braids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Coinkidink!!!

And yes, this weather makes me want to curl up and take a nap… i just might!!

I also love curling up on the floor sometimes to study! MORE WORK SPACE ! πŸ™‚

love the biscuit-wiches! BISCUITS ARE SOOO DELICIOUS!!

happy day M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no greek yog in Canada ANYWHERE?! That is an outrage!!!

2. November 5, 2009 at 1:55 pm #

BC must be having the same weather as Seattle – rainy and YUCK! You can totally ROCK those glasses – if I had to wear glasses I would get those. They are adorable! I actaully through about just getting frames with regular glass in them so I could look smart for once πŸ˜›
    Healthy Eating
    Tasha

3. November 5, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

You look cute in braids. Good luck with your busy schedule.

4. BroccoliHut
    November 5, 2009 at 8:23 pm #

You always make me feel so guilty about the unprepared pom I have sitting in my fridge. Do you buy just the arils or do you do the dirty work yourself?

5. November 6, 2009 at 6:31 am #

Holy awesome lunch! How great were those little sandwiches???

I think you rock the pigtail/glasses look! I always say comfort over fashion!!!

6. November 6, 2009 at 2:13 pm #

Thumbs up on the style! I love wearing my glasses and having my hair pulled out of my face, makes school much more bearable.

Love the mini-wiches! Stay warm πŸ™‚

7. November 8, 2009 at 9:22 am #

1. You gotta smile in your pictures!!! You look so sad, but than again, you were at school so…

2. Do you microwave your oats or cook on stove stop ? What kind of oats do you use ? I gotta get on the oat breakfast bandwagon.