A Moment Of Self-Consciousness

Ah Sunday, the day of rest. Which I indulged in by sleeping in, per usual weekend routine. No matter when I set my alarm for, my body is all about sleeping in on the weekend.

Another good thing about weekends? There is always time to cook up an excellent bowl of oatmeal.

fffs_lp 448

Into this bowl of oatmeal goodness went:

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 1 banana, thinly sliced
  • splash of vanilla
  • shredded coconut (2 tbsp maybe?)
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • peanut butter
  • Artisana Cacao Bliss

fffs_lp 446

A new juice found its way into my glass this morning – Oasis Health Break Immuniforce. The main flavours being black currant and elderberry.

fffs_lp 442

Full meal deal.

fffs_lp 444

The juice was tasty, but nothing holds a candle to my beloved Happy Planet juices. What can I say, I’m all about supporting the local businesses whenever I can!

Sienna longed to go outside today. But we saw I coyote out back this morning, so no kitties were going out in the backyard today.

fffs_lp 443

My sister & her boyfriend made a trip down to Tim Horton’s this morning for breakfast, and brought back a big ol’ box of Timbits. Obviously I had to try out at least one. I went for my fave, the sour cream glazed.

fffs_lp 450

The rain decided to hold off for most of the day, so mom and I took the opportunity to go for a walk at Mundy Park. We spent a good hour wandering through the park, getting in some much needed fresh air.

I went on down to the mall afterwards, to get my newly hemmed jeans. I don’t know why it took me so long to get them done – what good is it to have a pair of pants you can’t wear hanging out in your closet for over a month?! I’m such a procrastinator sometimes.

Once I was back, I made a little snack. I wasn’t really in the mood for a full on lunch, since I had a late breakfast, and knew we were having a big Sunday dinner. There was a fresh loaf of French bread just asking to be sliced into. I had a slice with some cheddar cheese, and a sliced gala apple

fffs_lp 451

The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing in the lazy boy recliner with the laptop and some Food Network. I *should* have been working on some midterm things, but as I stated above, I’m a procrastinator extraordinaire!

I invited my cousin’s wife over for dinner (since my cousin was at work), as mom was making her delicious beef stew with dumplings, and apple blackberry crisp for dessert. And for some reason, I totally couldn’t bring myself to take a picture. I don’t know what it was – I just felt too self-conscious to do it this evening. I’ve been writing this blog for over a year, and yet I still have this apprehension about photographing my food sometimes. I’ve also never even really told my family or friends about my blog. Is that weird? I’m not sure what it is. I guess I fear explaining it to them, and making them understand that it’s enjoyable and that yes, people actually want to read. Is that odd? Am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Now that I’ve had that little brain spew, I’m off to get into the homework a little before bed. Better late than never, right? Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Sienna, Snack

8 Comments on “A Moment Of Self-Consciousness”

1. November 9, 2009 at 5:28 am #

That dinner sounds amazing!! No picture??!!! What?! haha, jk. I can imagine it was amazing looking.
    I’ve never heard of sour cream glaze. Sounds great to me.

It takes me forever to get alterations made on clothes too. Sometimes I just don’t feel like bringing them in an paying the money….lame, but it’s always worth it in the end!

2. November 9, 2009 at 6:09 am #

yum! That oatmeal looks delicious!
    My friends and family don’t know about my blog either and personally, i’d like to keep it that way. I like to feel like I have a place that I can vent and they won’t have to know everything about it.. you know?
    Anyways, love your blog!

3. littlemissminny
    November 9, 2009 at 7:29 am #

I only take photos of my food in front of my boyfriend. Other people would judge me even more if I told them that I have a food blog. And I agree with Haylee, blog is a place for me to vent too.

4. November 9, 2009 at 7:39 am #

Sounds like a most relaxing day. The only time I don’t photograph my food is in front of my hubby’s co-workers. I think it’s because I don’t know them well and can’t be bothered to give them an explanation. Everyone else in my life has become use to it, though! My daughter even showed her teacher on one of the school computers. That was a little weird, but I guess I’ll take it that she’s proud of my blog!! 🙂

5. November 9, 2009 at 8:45 am #

I know what you mean. I’m totally self conscious around some people. My family does know and they totally made fun this weekend when I was photographing my meals! 😀 But it was all in good fun.
    Still there are some people I totally do not take photos in front of.

6. November 9, 2009 at 9:46 am #

I told my family about my blog almost instantly because I knew my parents could appreciate it. I also told them not to spread it around. Unfotunately they didn’t listen so now all of my extended family and my parents’ friends know about it. It’s really embarrassing.

My husband knows about it but none of his/our friends really do. I get very self conscious about taking photos & will normally just use my iPhone while trying not to be obvious about it. Which my husband thinks is hilarious….

Your oats look great btw!

7. November 9, 2009 at 2:30 pm #

I’m a supervisor at Tim’s and those sour cream glazed Timbits call my name i swear 🙂
    Can you post the recipe for beef stew with dumplings from your mom??

8. November 9, 2009 at 3:43 pm #

It’s not odd that you don’t share your blog with friends and family. In the past I never have either. It’s a secret part of me where I can be myself, a side that my family may not even realize exists. With my new food blog I have shared it with a few people (family, friends and co-workers) because it’s not as personal as past blogs I have maintained. But I still worry about criticism and getting made fun of and being told that my recipes suck. It’s the same with photography. I don’t share my flickr page with ANYONE. Strangers are fine but if I know you, no dice. It’s kind of like sharing poetry with the world.