Thunder, Lightning, And Hail!

OH MY!

Storm number 5 for the week rolled in this evening, and made itself known. Not only was there thunder and lightning, but our backyard looked like this.

fffs_lp 766

Although I wished it was snow, it was only hail. Large, pelting hail. So much that we had accumulation, on the street even.

But before all this weather drama, I had made myself a matcha green tea latte while enjoying some figure skating in HD.

fffs_lp 762

Not as pretty as Starbucks, but tasted just as good.

After all the poetry on ice was done, I made my way to the gym to get my sweat on via the stairclimber and stationary bike. I made it home just as the storm was starting – perfect timing!

Alas, we ended up sending my dad back out in the mess to get dinner. It’s Friday, take out is to be expected.

Can you guess what we had?

fffs_lp 770

Hello delicious Pizza Hut pizza. My choice was the Veggie Mediterraneanroasted red pepper, babay spinach, feta cheese, red onions, tomatoes, black olives, and mozzarella. But I nixed the olives, and had them replaced with mushrooms. Much better!

fffs_lp 768

And since I obviously hadn’t consumed enough refined white flour today, I grabbed a couple of those damn tasty cheesy bread sticks.

fffs_lp 769

Go big or go home, right?

fffs_lp 767

As much as Pizza Hut wouldn’t be my pizza joint of choice, they do make a pretty decent veggie pizza. Not too skimpy on the toppings (although, if I made it myself, I’d totally add more).

Sienna was all attitude when she found out pizza was for dinner – not really a food that shares well with kitties.

fffs_lp 775

Who am I kidding – she’s all attitude all the time

There was hockey to be watched this evening (Canucks win, 5- 2), and hot chocolate to be consumed, with marshmallows again 😉

fffs_lp 778

One would think that, at 12:10 am, it would be bed time. But no…there is more figure skating on TV. Seriously CBC Sports, why do you do this to me? I *could* PVR it and watch it tomorrow, but I want to see it now! Looks like I’ll be camping out on the couch for the next hour or so. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Sienna, Snack

12 Comments on “Thunder, Lightning, And Hail!”

1. November 21, 2009 at 4:22 am #

WOWZA that’s a lot of snow. I recommend doing what I’m doing = burning a “Beach Vacation” scented Yankee candle 😀

2. November 21, 2009 at 4:46 am #

I want snow 😦 and veggie pizza. and hot chocolate. Pizza could maybe happen tonight, if I allow myself that. Hm hm

3. November 21, 2009 at 6:27 am #

That’s some hail!!!

My hubby just commented that he wishes he had a wife who loved hockey as much as you. Maybe I could send him your way??? *wink wink* 🙂

Sienna and Pepper look SO much alike!

4. November 21, 2009 at 6:32 am #

Oh my! I think the crust in your pizza is calling my name. So bready…….YUM! 

5. November 21, 2009 at 1:13 pm #

Yuck on that weather!!

I will have to confess that we really enjoy Pizza Hut as well. They usually have a great deal on pizza and my girls love it.

6. November 21, 2009 at 3:36 pm #

I haven’t watched ice skating in ages! Love that you still cave in and eat the Pizza Hut pizza 😀

7. November 21, 2009 at 8:39 pm #

Mmm Pizza Hut pizza is delish. Plus, I have them to thank for the inspiration of my blog’s name:)

8. November 22, 2009 at 5:16 am #

SNOW!! I can’t believe it, Nick would be jealous, he wakes up every morning and looks for snow.
    haha, Pizza Hut! IT looks really tasty, as always. We never get Pizza Hut, it’s probably been about 10 years since I’ve had it!! Crazy.
    Those marshmallows look so good, I want some hot chocolate now please 🙂

9. November 22, 2009 at 8:47 am #

OMG I didn’t know the Hut sold such great pizza options these days. Must Try!

Hail?!! Woah, it’s the tiding of winter to come, I suppose, huh?

Love the marshies on the cocoa!

10. November 22, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

That storm was so awesome! I LOVE thunder and lightening, made me super happy. 🙂 I can’t wait for it too actually snow. Or to head back to Kamloops for some winter wonderful!

11. November 23, 2009 at 5:59 am #

Wow – that pizza does look good! I didn’t think that Pizza Hut would make a good veggie pizza but you may have changed my mind. Their breadsticks though? I used to make a container of those a meal – mmmm, carby goodness!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Just One « from french fries to flax seeds - May 8, 2010

[…] with a couple breadsticks, and you’ll have my dinner all figured out. Or look back at some of the other times we’ve had […]