I’m Dreaming…

…of a White Christmas.

IMG_4006

Okay, so it’s not really that much snow. But it still counts because it’s sticking! Too bad it’s stopped for now. They keep saying we’ll get a ton tomorrow, so here’s hoping 😀

To back track a little – I ended up accompanying my study of the Krebs Cycle with a little snack plate – medjool dates with peanut butter & chocolate chips, dried figs, and pomegranate arils.

IMG_3996

I was rudely awoken from my slumber late this morning, as mom was off to Costco, and knew I’d want to come along. So I threw together a quick breakfast.

Yogurt with Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax granola, coconut, and pomegranate arils.

IMG_4001

Toasted Silver Hills “The Big 16” bread with peanut butter and apricot jam.

IMG_4000

And a glass of Happy Planet Mango Peach Party (last of the carton!)

IMG_3999

We made the epic journey (15 min?) to Costco, and stocked up on all the good stuff – cereal, bread, hummus. I enjoyed a variety of samples, my favourite being the freeze dried pineapple. Yum! I even got a Christmas present out of the way. Score!

We ran a few more errands, then called it a day. Back at home, I whipped up a smoothie to fuel some studying.

IMG_4004

This lovely contained a banana, vanilla whey protein powder, cocoa powder, flax seed, coconut extract, coconut butter, and milk.

IMG_4005

Just because there’s snow outside doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a good smoothie 🙂

I worked through some biochemistry fun all the way through to dinner. This Sunday night featured baked pork chops with stuffing.

IMG_4011

Greenery in the form of steamed broccoli.

IMG_4010

And my favourite part of the meal – the scalloped potatoes.

IMG_4009

I should have passed on the rest of the meal and just had the potatoes!

IMG_4007

Not only did mom make a delightful Sunday night dinner, she also got some baking done.

IMG_4014

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, with coconut and craisins as well.

IMG_4013

I had two…or so 😉

IMG_4015

She says we need to save some for the guests she’s having over on Tuesday. I make no promises either way.

Alas, I hear a psychology textbook calling my name. I have one last chapter to review, and I’m done! I have a set of final review questions to do the day before my exam of course, just to make sure the info is fresh in my mind, but after I tackle “Thinking and Language”, I’ll be all biochemistry for the rest of the week. The end is so close!

Time to go be studious. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Baking, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch

13 Comments on “I’m Dreaming…”

1. December 14, 2009 at 12:50 am #

I didn’t know you blogged – I will spend some time reading tomorrow. Not today. It’s past my bedtime 🙂

2. December 14, 2009 at 3:44 am #

Gooood luck with exams!! At least you got a good Costco break in – what is better than free samples and masses of food to break up the studying a bit? I hope you have a great, productive day today!

3. December 14, 2009 at 4:52 am #

Yummy eats!

Looks like a great weekend!

New music, food, fitness + giveaways – http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Come visit! Happy MONDAY FUNDAY!

Katie

4. December 14, 2009 at 5:59 am #

When it was pouring here yesterday all I could think about was how I wished it was snowing.

You had a ton of good eats yesterday….holy yum!

Good luck on your studying!

5. December 14, 2009 at 6:37 am #

How appropriate – that song is on Pandora as I read your blog!

I haven’t had scalloped potatoes in ages!! YUM! I would have forgone the dinner and had a big plate of those as well 😀

6. December 14, 2009 at 6:45 am #

Here’s snowing too 🙂
    Your eats look yummy as always, and I’m envious as always too 🙂
    good luck with the study!

7. December 14, 2009 at 8:51 am #

Great breakfast….and cookies! Can’t say that I share your delight of the snow, though…. 😉

8. December 14, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

I was pretty stoked to see them flakes start falling yesterday. And for Vancouver it’s plenty of snow (nothing compared to last year though!).

Those cookies look so yummy. I’m getting such a hankering to bake, it’s not even funny.

9. December 14, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!! I know you’ll be fine! 🙂

Your mom’s cookies sound really good!!

10. December 14, 2009 at 9:01 pm #

good luck w. pysch!! had 2 exams in psych last week!
    GREAT cookies!

11. December 14, 2009 at 9:18 pm #

Totally digging that snack plate!
    Good luck, m’dear.

12. December 17, 2009 at 11:15 am #

That snack plate has all of my faves! Get it girl.
    Mama takes such good care of y’all!

13. December 22, 2009 at 6:32 am #

YOU DEF. BLOGGED wayyyyyy more than I during finals and school!!! A+ and maybe a C- for me. haha

mama’s cookies look awesome and those little pb, choc, fruit dessert plates are ador!!

love you!!!