Semester 1 – Complete!

Hello all of my awesome readers! I have emerged from the depths of psychology and biochemistry studying, and I’m back in blogging action. I hope you all understand my absence – girl needs to rock some good grades to get into the dietetics program as planned.

Other than burying my head in textbooks and writing exams, what else have I been up to?

• Christmas present shopping
  • baking
  • sleeping
  • not eating enough (lunches seem to get skipped far too often)
  • not enough exercise
  • catching up with friends
  • Costco!

I’m sure there are more things, but I won’t bore you with them. Instead, let’s do a quick food recap.

I’ve eaten breakfasts.

IMG_4068

IMG_4091

Pizza!

IMG_4078

A lunch?

IMG_4040

And way too many sweets.

IMG_4048

IMG_4049

Plus some new to me PomX Tea!

IMG_4083

Phew! That’s alot! I guess that’s what happens when you don’t post for what, 5 days? Bad blogger! 😉

The end of the semester has brought me more than just a break from classes and time to enjoy the holiday season. It’s allowed me to reflect back on my return to school, and realize that I’ve done a pretty poor job of maintaining balance in my life. I feel worn out, and I know it’s because I haven’t done my best to keep myself feeling mentally and physically balanced. So friends, that is what is in store from here on in – rediscovering what I need to keep me in top shape and going strong into and through 2010. I’ll elaborate more in the coming days 🙂

For now, I’m going to sleep. But I’ll see you tomorrow for regularly scheduled blogging. Thanks for sticking it out with me in my little absence. Night!

Tags:

Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch

12 Comments on “Semester 1 – Complete!”

1. December 21, 2009 at 2:38 am #

Congratulations on the end of the semester!
    You had some amazing eats, specially those deserts, yummy!

2. December 21, 2009 at 4:31 am #

ME TOO!!! We rock 🙂

3. December 21, 2009 at 5:49 am #

congrats that your semester is over! Mine ended on Tuesday and it has been such a relief. I woul imagine you feel the same way.

Those desserts look great, btw!

4. December 21, 2009 at 6:39 am #

Great update!

Can’t wait to hear about your 2010 plans! I need to write out some goals myself!

Happy MONDAY!
    Katie

5. December 21, 2009 at 7:07 am #

Congrats on being done!!

6. December 21, 2009 at 8:55 am #

Love that hotdog! And all the pineapple. 😉

Glad to hear school is over for a bit. You deserve a break!

7. December 21, 2009 at 9:15 am #

Yay for being done!

I know what mean about not feeling balanced. I definitely have felt that way this semester.

8. marie
    December 21, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

Congrats on finishing your first semester!

9. December 21, 2009 at 5:32 pm #

Congrats on finishing your first semester girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg!! Strawberry pretzel Salad I spotted on that dessert plate!!!! That is my favorite dessert ever ever ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that someone makes it for the holidays so i can have some, I would make it at home but that would be a bad idea because i would eat the whole tray!! Happy Holidays!!!!!

10. December 21, 2009 at 11:51 pm #

Yay for finishing the semester! Get some rest, girl.

11. December 22, 2009 at 6:25 am #

Congrats on finishing up!! And resting up is what the holidays following exams are for!! 🙂

Your meals always look incredibly yummy!

12. December 22, 2009 at 6:30 am #

Congrats on being done!!!! I know you worked HARDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

hurray for hot dogs, steaks, cheese and salami slices, and burgers!! 😀 meat meat meat. LOL!

TAKE CARE MARIANNE!