Fading Fast

That’s how I’ve felt all day long – I’m not quite sure how I managed to make my way to school, go through 3 classes, and make my way home with my eyes closed half the time. Obviously, I haven’t figured out this sleep thing yet.

I started off my morning with something new and exciting.

Food 3 222

Greek yogurt is now in commercially available in Canada! I saw that Kristie and Sarah had both found it, so I made my way to the store, and low and behold, not only did I find Liberté Greek Yogurt, it was on sale. Double score!

Check out that thick, creamy delight.

Food 3 244

Kudos to Liberté for bring the Greek to the Great White North.

How did I serve up my Greek yogurt?

Food 3 250

With some Kashi GoLean Crunch, Nature’s Path Pumpkin Granola, frozen blueberries, pomegrante arils, and coconut flakes.

Food 3 249

The usual glass of Happy Planet  juice was had alongside.

Food 3 251

Hello breakfast.

Food 3 247

Wow – talk about texture difference. It was really good, and I’d like to try it out on other foods that I normally put sour cream on. My only criticism is that it’s not quite as tangy as I like my plain yogurt to be. But really, that’s minor. Oh, and I’d like the price to not be over $5 when it’s not on sale, cuz I’m cheap like that.

My packed lunch was rather aesthetically pleasing, if I do say so myself.

Food 3 259

Leftover kale, red pepper, and wild rice pasta with feta cheese.

Food 3 255

The usual raw veggie side – carrot & cucumber.

Food 3 258

And another wee local kiwi fruit.

Food 3 257

All nicely packed up and ready to go.

Food 3 254

So remember how I said I was Sleepy McSleeperson all day? Well, I think it totally threw off my hunger. Part way through my first class (say around 10 am), my tummy was grumbling like I hadn’t fed it this year. Seriously? My breakfast was basically pure protein and fibre – how is that possible? So I held out, and got to gnawing on lunch in my second class. And yet, I only managed to eat the veggies, kiwi, and maybe 3 or 4 bites of the pasta. So weird!

Then my commute home was horrid, as the monsoon decided to come back right when I would have to stand outside waiting for a bus for 20 min. Not cool. So I walked into the mall, hit up the Starbucks for a tummy warming non-fat, half sweet green tea latte, and walked to the next bus stop, just in time to get my bus home. No pics, but seriously, who doesn’t know what a grande Starbucks cup looks like?

I got home, and wanted something to gnaw on. So I grabbed a pepperoni stick (the pasta still wasn’t working for me).

Food 3 260

And then spent the rest of the afternoon curled up in bed with the laptop. I never fell asleep, but it sure was good to relax all afternoon, with Sienna curled up beside me.

I stayed in there until mom announced dinner was ready. It was a Sunday night meal on a Thursday night – that’s what happens when your parents are retired I guess 🙂

Pork roast, with a little gravy.

Food 3 263

Roasted carrots and brussel sprouts.

Food 3 262

And roasted potatoes, because you can’t have roast without potatoes.

Food 3 261

After dinner I found myself in the basement, battle with Dr Mario, and enjoying a cup of peppermint tea.

Food 3 267

And eventually called it a night, and now we’re here. And guess what? My tummy is hungry, but too damn bad, cuz it’s bed time. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Snack

10 Comments on “Fading Fast”

1. January 15, 2010 at 4:27 am #

Your breakfast looks so patriotic! haha. Hope you have a better day today and get some rest!!

2. January 15, 2010 at 6:53 am #

I was dragging all day yesterday as well! WOOHOO for Greek yogurt being available in Canada – that’s a plus 🙂

3. January 15, 2010 at 7:42 am #

You are the 3rd Canuck that I’ve seen with that yogurt! I need to haul my rear to the store this weekend and see if I can find it. Mind you, Kristie just lives a half hour away from me so it must be here. As well as enjoying it like yogurt, I always use it where I would use sour cream as well. Dips included! The possibilites are endless…

4. January 15, 2010 at 8:57 am #

Hmmm, that greek yogurt looks good. I’ll have to find me some! What store did you pick it up from?

Whenever I’m super tired my hunger is all over the place too. I also usually crave carbs a lot more. And that makes me fell hungry all day.

5. January 15, 2010 at 10:25 am #

Mmm love the looks of your Greek yogurt concoction! Beautiful and tasty, I am sure.

6. January 15, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Horray for Greek yogurt – I substitute it for recipes that call for mayo.

I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch, but its a bit high in carbs for me – but here is a tip – when you get to the bottom of the bag and it’s just crumbs, pour the crumbs in a dish, peel a banana and roll it in the crunch, then pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes – an awesome snack!!

Have a great weekend Marianne!

7. Mae
    January 15, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

I hope you feel better (less sleepy!!) tomorrow. It’s finally the weekend, so you can rest! 🙂
    Everything looks delicious!

8. January 15, 2010 at 7:35 pm #

Some days are just drowsy days–hope you get some sleep this weekend!

Exciting you now have access to Greek yogurt..I will say that some brands are “tangier” than others, however, you can’t beat that texture 🙂

9. January 15, 2010 at 9:43 pm #

YAY FOR GREEK YOG IN CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HAPPY WEEKEND MARIANNE!

10. January 16, 2010 at 7:29 am #

I’m glad you can have greek yogurt in your life now! It’s so wonderful. 🙂