My Olympics Part 1b – The Pre-Game Show Continues

Did you miss Part 1? That was silly – check it out here!

So, where did we leave off? Oh yes, I was just making my way into downtown Vancouver, to take in the sites and scope out all the happening locations (or soon to be happening – since the Games hadn’t quite started, most of them weren’t open).

I found the Bell Ice Cube.

Which was right across the street from Alberta House.

A giant mail box in front of Canada Post.

CTV’s studios – Canada’s official Olympic broadcast network.

The Olympic Countdown Clock was a popular spot for pictures – only one day left!

And right next to the Vancouver Art Gallery – home of the British Columbia Canada Pavilion.

Which in turn is beside Robson Square – home of free outdoor ice skating.

And free zip lining! How cool is that – zip lining through downtown?!

The buildings were decked out in Canadian and Olympic spirit.

Including The Bay Downtown.

Home of the Olympic Superstore – where you can fill all your Olympic & Canadian souvenir needs!

It was crazy busy, with people snapping up all sorts of great gifts to take home.

The Olympic Superstore is also home to the Coca Cola Happiness Cafe & Pin Trading Centre.

How could I not stop to enjoy a Diet Coke? I needed to refresh after all that shopping 😉

Then I was off again to my next destination…which shall remain a mystery until installment 1c of my Olympic Pre-Game Show (I swear, I’m not dragging this out on purpose!) Until then…au revoir!

Categories: Olympics

7 Comments on “My Olympics Part 1b – The Pre-Game Show Continues”

1. February 18, 2010 at 5:59 am #

Oooh a whole store of Olymic goods? Fun!! Looking forward to your next installment 🙂

2. February 18, 2010 at 6:25 am #

What a busy place! I bet the buzz is intoxicating to say the least…..

3. February 18, 2010 at 8:33 am #

EEEEI! I see some places I haven’t gone yet! Have you gone Ziplining yet? It’s SOOOOO FUN!
    I want to get into the bay super store so I can get me some olympic gear.

4. February 19, 2010 at 6:55 am #

I saw ziplining on The Today Show – that would be so much fun!!

5. February 20, 2010 at 8:31 am #

Homesick. So.very.homesick.

I want that CANUCK shirt the manequin is wearing. Now.

6. February 20, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

Thanks for the recap Marianne, I practically feel like I’m there and a part of it. Too cool all of the awesome stuff they’ve got going on. I can’t wait for more recap action!

1. My Olympics Part 1c – The Pre-Game Show Wrap Up « from french fries to flax seeds - February 20, 2010

[…] My Olympics Part 1c – The Pre-Game Show Wrap Up 2010 February 20 tags: Olympics by Marianne Phew! I never thought I’d get this day recapped! I obviously saw too much and took to many pictures. Have you seen the first two installments? Because you should check them out: Part 1a and Part 1b. […]