My Olympics Part 1b – The Pre-Game Show Continues

Did you miss Part 1? That was silly – check it out here!

So, where did we leave off? Oh yes, I was just making my way into downtown Vancouver, to take in the sites and scope out all the happening locations (or soon to be happening – since the Games hadn’t quite started, most of them weren’t open).

I found the Bell Ice Cube.

IMG_1491

Which was right across the street from Alberta House.

IMG_1492

A giant mail box in front of Canada Post.

IMG_1504

CTV’s studios – Canada’s official Olympic broadcast network.

IMG_1526

The Olympic Countdown Clock was a popular spot for pictures – only one day left!

IMG_1521

And right next to the Vancouver Art Gallery – home of the British Columbia Canada Pavilion.

IMG_1532

Which in turn is beside Robson Square – home of free outdoor ice skating.

IMG_1534

And free zip lining! How cool is that – zip lining through downtown?!

IMG_1531

The buildings were decked out in Canadian and Olympic spirit.

IMG_1503

IMG_1510

IMG_1529

Including The Bay Downtown.

IMG_1509

Home of the Olympic Superstore – where you can fill all your Olympic & Canadian souvenir needs!

IMG_1508

It was crazy busy, with people snapping up all sorts of great gifts to take home.

IMG_5402

IMG_5406

The Olympic Superstore is also home to the Coca Cola Happiness Cafe & Pin Trading Centre.

IMG_5404

How could I not stop to enjoy a Diet Coke? I needed to refresh after all that shopping 😉

IMG_5409

Then I was off again to my next destination…which shall remain a mystery until installment 1c of my Olympic Pre-Game Show (I swear, I’m not dragging this out on purpose!) Until then…au revoir!

Tags:

Categories: Olympics

7 Comments on “My Olympics Part 1b – The Pre-Game Show Continues”

1. February 18, 2010 at 5:59 am #

Oooh a whole store of Olymic goods? Fun!! Looking forward to your next installment 🙂

2. February 18, 2010 at 6:25 am #

What a busy place! I bet the buzz is intoxicating to say the least…..

3. February 18, 2010 at 8:33 am #

EEEEI! I see some places I haven’t gone yet! Have you gone Ziplining yet? It’s SOOOOO FUN!
    lol
    I want to get into the bay super store so I can get me some olympic gear.

4. February 19, 2010 at 6:55 am #

I saw ziplining on The Today Show – that would be so much fun!!

5. February 20, 2010 at 8:31 am #

Homesick. So.very.homesick.

I want that CANUCK shirt the manequin is wearing. Now.

6. February 20, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

Thanks for the recap Marianne, I practically feel like I’m there and a part of it. Too cool all of the awesome stuff they’ve got going on. I can’t wait for more recap action!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. My Olympics Part 1c – The Pre-Game Show Wrap Up « from french fries to flax seeds - February 20, 2010

[…] My Olympics Part 1c – The Pre-Game Show Wrap Up 2010 February 20 tags: Olympics by Marianne Phew! I never thought I’d get this day recapped! I obviously saw too much and took to many pictures. Have you seen the first two installments? Because you should check them out: Part 1a and Part 1b. […]