Breakfast Break

In another attempt to look back at the food photos I’ve neglected during my Olympic recaps, I thought I’d give you a montage of breakfasts. Good thing I haven’t eaten the same thing everyday for the past two weeks, other wise this would be really boring 😉

There has been toast with the usual peanut butter and raspberry jam.

IMG_5939

And smoothies featuring my new favourite smoothie ingredient – avocado. It makes the smoothie insanely creamy. Try it, you’ll like it! I think this particular one was strawberries, avocado, spinach, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla whey protein powder. Yum!

IMG_5953

Sometimes you have both the toast and the smoothie – especially when you sleep in on a Sunday morning and your breakfast is also your lunch 😉

IMG_5988

I’ve used up some almost empty boxes of cereal in some cereal messes.

IMG_5962

And tried out a new cereal sample – Kashi Toasted Berry Crisp. It was meh.

IMG_6014

And I’ve taken advantage of more time in the mornings to bring oatmeal back into my life – like this classic peanut butter & banana combo, enjoyed in the sunshine.

IMG_5972

Even when I didn’t have time in the mornings, I’ve gotten my oatmeal in – in the form of matcha goji overnight oats.

IMG_6003

What have you been enjoying for breakfast lately? Any exciting new combinations? I want to hear them!

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

7 Comments on “Breakfast Break”

1. March 14, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

I’ve been loving baked oatmeal when I have time on the weekends! I have to try avocado in smoothies, it sounds like it would give them some more staying power.

2. March 15, 2010 at 4:37 am #

I love avocados in smoothies as well. My first experience was in Brazil where the mix avocado, a banana and milk – delicious. I’ve been alternating between homemade muesli, hot grain cereals and some muffin experiements lately when it comes to breakfast.

3. marie
    March 15, 2010 at 10:21 am #

Lately I’ve been a fiend for carrot cake oatmeal (oats, shredded carrot, crushed pineapple, pumpkin, vanilla, sweetener) with yogurt or cottage cheese swirled in and topped with cream cheese icing (cream cheese, milk, vanilla, sweetener). MMmmmmmm

4. March 15, 2010 at 10:49 am #

Hi there!

I just stumpled on your blog and I must say, I LOVE it! Your eats looks amazing. Espeically those over night oats…I love over night oats myself! This morning I made chocolate-y peanut butter banana oatmeal for breakfast…yum!

I just added you to my blogroll so I can stop by again 🙂

Kayla

5. March 15, 2010 at 11:22 am #

MMMM those breakfasts look so hearty and sweet and RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!! I guess my most adventurous breakfasts include making a bowl of flaxseed instant oats then topping it with kashi go lean crunch, kix, and frosted shredded wheats. OH! with a good half a cup of soymilk. SO GOOD! the best of both worlds, oats and cereal! 🙂

6. March 15, 2010 at 1:20 pm #

That PB & J toast looks utterly amazing. Sometimes meals don’t need to be gormet to be fabulous!

7. March 15, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

Hmmm, I’ve been enjoying oatmeal a lot lately. Fav combo right now:
    banana, cinnamon, raisins, this porridge oatmeal mix and almond butter. yum yum.