It’s A Sphere! It’s An Orb! No…It’s A Ball!

My class was cancelled today.

I took the opportunity to have a much needed sleep in.

When I woke up, I tried out some hazelnut milk. Amazing. Too bad they don’t sell it in Canada.

IMG_1365

Realizing it was way too late to have breakfast, I just went straight to lunch.

IMG_1367

Grilled apple, smoked gouda, and red pepper jelly sandwich on Dave’s Killer Bread, rest of the apple, snap peas, and lame homemade guacamole.

I did some homework.

Then the baking urge hit.

It was time for balls.

IMG_1376

Mama Pea’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls

Just so happened that I had picked up some peanut butter chips at work on sale.

IMG_1371

Not exactly the “natural peanut butter chips” in the original recipe, but sometimes you gotta roll with what’s available.

I also had to scrounge for chocolate chips. I found two almost empty bags.

IMG_1373

I don’t even want to know how old the top ones are.

I got out the ancient mixer and set to work.

IMG_1377

Dough ready to chill.

IMG_1378

21 ball salute!IMG_1380

After some lovin’ from the oven.

IMG_1384

Plated for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_1389

3 out of 4 people in my house approve. My sister is the weirdo who doesn’t. Because she doesn’t like peanut butter. I’m not convinced we are actually related.

IMG_1390

Just make sure you let them cool before putting them in a container. Otherwise you’ll have sweaty balls (Schweddy balls? SNL anyone?)

You’ll have to make your own balls. These ones are mine.

IMG_1393

Tags: ,

Categories: Baking, Cheesy Humour, Vegetarian

7 Comments on “It’s A Sphere! It’s An Orb! No…It’s A Ball!”

1. November 17, 2010 at 6:12 am #

So many people are making those dough balls it’s getting harder and harder to resist. Especially since it looks so easy to do! Yours look so delicious.

2. November 17, 2010 at 9:17 am #

I’m with peanut butter addict. When all the bloggers were at the foodbuzz they kept eating similar dough balls. Hm hm hm hm, I gotta do me some baking today I think.

3. November 17, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

I wanna make those but I just know that I won’t be able to stop eating them until my belly hurts!!! 😉

4. November 17, 2010 at 5:31 pm #

Oh, how I love that Schweaty balls bit. Never gets old.
    Love the looks of this recipe though. Oh, and sometimes the “vintage” kitchen equipment is the best kind:)

5. November 17, 2010 at 6:01 pm #

Hilarious post! I so remember and loved the “sweddy balls” skit! Awesome. Those look super yummy too, I’ll have to try them… thanks for sharing!

6. November 18, 2010 at 5:13 am #

Hazelnut milk!?!?!?!? Must try!!!!

And speaking of baking – I have an itch to do some. Partially `cause Christmas is around the corner but mostyly because my mom gifted me with a shiny red Kitchenaid stand mixer for my wedding shower! 😉

7. November 19, 2010 at 11:55 am #

I so made those balls. And so demolished them in no time. And am so making them again. They’re a phenomenal phenomenon. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.