Il Neige!

It’s mid November and I’m neck deep in school work. Somehow this happens every semester – things coast along, everything seems fine, and WHAM! 500 things are due in the span of 3 weeks. This week included:

• writing an article about cranberries for the dietetics student newsletter
  • designing and validating a screening tool for vitamin B12 deficiency in vegetarian adults
  • finalizing research for my group project on the effects of decreasing salmon stocks on food security in BC
  • finished up a reflection post for my dietetics blog

Throw in some work shifts, helping decorate the store, Zumba, and a whole lot of bus riding, and it’s amazing I have time to breathe. Or eat!

It won’t surprise you that I lack pretty much any food photos from this week. Le sigh. But I can tell you a little about today if you’d like 🙂

The morning is uneventful. Breakfast, classes, the usual. But it was bloody cold!

I made a little pit stop on the way home from school into Whole Foods. I was responsible, and only left with three items.

IMG_1377

Whole wheat pastry flour, spinach hummus, and a gigantic Chocolate Sandwich Cookie from Butter Baked Goods.

Once home, I was ready for warm food stat.

IMG_1381

Leftover Annie’s White Cheddar Whole Wheat Shells plus some minestrone soup. A bit random, but I just grabbed what was in the fridge.

I took some me time this afternoon and played a little Rock Band while sipping on tea, then went to Zumba this evening. Back at home, the family had dinner, then I had to get back to work on school stuff.

IMG_1365 (2)

Yes, I’ve set up camp in the middle of the rec room floor. Sienna thinks it’s neat.

I eased the pain by munching on that amazing cookie I bought today.

IMG_1385

IMG_1386

IMG_1387

Totally kicks oreo’s ass.

Oh yeah, and one more thing…

IMG_1383

IT’S SNOWING!

We’re supposed to get 5 – 10 cm tonight. Should make my drive up to work tomorrow interesting. Ah well, I don’t care, I’m just excited for the snow 🙂

Now I must bid you adieu so I can get to more of that school work. Is it December 15th yet? :S

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Baking, Lunch

8 Comments on “Il Neige!”

1. November 20, 2010 at 8:38 am #

Hmmm that cookie looks soooo good! And yay for snow! I’m so excited by the amounts we’ve gotten here at UBC! Feels like real winter. 😀

2. November 20, 2010 at 11:35 am #

Heh, you’re handling getting snow way better than I did when we got some here in October. The good news is that it’s gone now, but obviously there’s more on the way.
    Spinach Hummus sounds so tasty.

3. Stephanie
    November 20, 2010 at 3:38 pm #

It snowed so much last!! omg!
    Ahh…! I need to go to Whole Foods too- oh btw did you check out the new So Delicious coconut milks in Canada yet? I saw them since few weeks ago in Choices.

• Stephanie
      November 20, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

oops i meant “last night”

4. November 20, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

I totally know what you mean–I’ve written two papers and given a presentation this week alone! The holidays can’t come soon enough…

5. November 21, 2010 at 12:55 pm #

its a sandwich cookies!?!?!?!!! i wasent expecting it to have a filling- wow that looks insanely yummy!!

did you get any good amounts of snow over there. i think its snowing right now actually. here it was just a little dusting that melted really fast. i get so jealous when vancouver gets a snowfall and we get nothing lol.

xoxo

6. November 21, 2010 at 12:56 pm #

btw im fascinated with the concept of a screening tool for B12 deficiency among vegetarian adults!! that sounds quite neat, and super helpful!!

7. November 21, 2010 at 1:01 pm #

You are one crazy chick to be excited about snow! That cookie looks fantastic, too…..