It’s Amazing!

It’s amazing that it’s December 1st. Seriously, where does the time go?

IMG_1385 IMG_1386

It’s amazing I survived my final group presentation without punching anyone in the face. Seriously.

It’s amazing I only have two days left of classes for the semester.

It’s amazing that this time last week we were worried about Snowmageddon.

IMG_1384

Because the next day the rains came, and the grass reappeared.

IMG_1371

Speaking of amazing and grass…

IMG_1377

It’s Amazing Grass!

Last week I saw that Whole Foods was going to have Amazing Grass on sale for one day, and the awesome price of “buy one, get one free!” I’ve seen it around the blog world for ages, but never taken the plunge to actually try it out. Not knowing if I would actually want to purchase a full container (let alone get a free one on top of that), I thought it prudent to buy some individual packs to try it out.

Up first, was the Goji & Açai Amazing Grass.

IMG_1378

Mixed straight up with some coconut water.

This one was alright. I found the greens really settled quickly though, and I wasn’t a huge fan of the berry undertones. Didn’t work with the greens for me.

Next, I had a bright idea for the Chocolate Amazing Grass.

IMG_1381

I heated up some milk, dissolved the powder in a little hot water, then combined it all to make some green hot chocolate. Genius, I know.

And you know, it was pretty darn good. Sure, it’s not your usual sweet hot chocolate, but it was tasty in its own right. I didn’t mind the flecks of green in my drink, and found all of the particles stayed in solution much better than with water. Thumbs up!

Finally, it was time to rock the straight up Original Amazing Grass.

IMG_1407

Despite the plummeting temperatures, I went with a good ol’ green smoothie – mango, banana, milk, yogurt, and the powder. And it was a good green smoothie if I do say so myself.

Since I find myself lacking in my green food consumption these days do to the craziness that is my life, and found both the chocolate and original flavours appealing, I deemed it a good value to take advantage of the BOGO deal.

IMG_1367

You know what else is amazing?

IMG_1388

The fact that I still have all of my limbs after turning Sienna into Santa Claws.

IMG_1389

I’ll be sleeping with one eye open tonight.

Tags:

Categories: Drink, Review, Sienna

11 Comments on “It’s Amazing!”

1. Weighting For 50
    December 2, 2010 at 8:49 am #

OMG….I can’t believe Sienna let you put that outfit on! HILARIOUS! (yet adorable!!)

2. December 2, 2010 at 11:06 am #

OMG I love the kitty in the santa outfit! Don’t you love out cats sink to the floor as if they’re trying to get away from whatever you put on them? If that were my cat her next move would be to roll on her back to try to get it off!

3. December 2, 2010 at 11:19 am #

Bwahaha. Oh your poor cat. Animal cruelty! I’m surprised you’re alive too…

4. December 2, 2010 at 12:46 pm #

Santa Sienna! Just showed her off to my office mates. 🙂

• December 8, 2010 at 12:04 am #

I thought you’d enjoy those photos 😀

5. December 2, 2010 at 7:38 pm #

I need to pick up an Advent calendar, pronto–thanks for the reminder!

6. December 2, 2010 at 8:02 pm #

I can’t believe it’s December already either…feels like it was just yesterday that it was LAST Xmas!!

7. December 3, 2010 at 11:54 am #

I’m a fan of Amazing Grass products – good company. 🙂

Thanks for sharing!
    Kristen

8. December 5, 2010 at 9:57 am #

That kills me!!!! 😀 Santa Claws rocks!!!!!

I’m surprised she let you put her in that outfit. Daisy would have had my head. Mostly because she hates having anything on her head. Little does she know I’ve ordered a pair of antlers for her. Muahahahha! 😉

• December 8, 2010 at 12:06 am #

I don’t know if “let” is the right word. She was definitely less than impressed with the ensemble.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention It’s Amazing! « french fries to flax seeds -- Topsy.com - December 2, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Helen Lowell, Amy Jones. Amy Jones said: It's Amazing! « french fries to flax seeds: It's amazing that it's December 1st. Seriously, where does the time … http://bit.ly/ep9Fhw […]