Food For Thought

Exams are looming. My first one is on Tuesday. Other than work, my to-do list pretty much only includes eating, sleeping, and studying, with sleeping getting the lowest priority (unfortunately).

Tonight’s study food…

IMG_1406

Whole wheat potato & cheddar perogies with a little sour cream.

IMG_1405

Served up with a side of sautéed mushrooms and baby spinach.

IMG_1404

Once I got the relatively healthy stuff out of the way, it was time for the real study food.

IMG_1410

The sweetshortbread cookies from Costco. Mmmm, buttery goodness.

IMG_1409

The saltyBarbara’s Cheez Puffs. Rockin’ the jalapeno flavour currently.

The irony? I’m studying Nutrition Assessment tonight.

IMG_1412

And this, my friends, is why a 1-day dietary recall will never give you a good indication of someone’s nutritional status. Applying knowledge to the real world!

Back to the books PowerPoint slides.

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Snack, Vegetarian

8 Comments on “Food For Thought”

1. December 6, 2010 at 7:37 am #

Good luck on your exams!

2. December 6, 2010 at 7:45 am #

whaaa?/?/ Where did you find whole wheat perogies?! I must get my hands on some of those… 🙂

• December 8, 2010 at 12:07 am #

I got them at Thrifty’s! Cheemo makes them. Only in one flavour, but they are quite good.

3. December 6, 2010 at 7:54 am #

lol the evolution of humans… WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO OURSELVES!! actually ive always wondered what would happen to people/families/obese if they had only switched every junk food item with a healthy one (like barbaras bakery puffs instead of cheetos) .. i imagine they would be half their size possibly..given that the less preservatives would help their chemicals and keep them fuller longer etc. its one of those studies id love to see done. like allow them to eat however much they want but all healthy..hmm but if they eat emotionally then that might not work but its the morning and my brain is buzzing with ideas lol.

xoxo

4. Weighting For 50
    December 6, 2010 at 9:17 am #

Good luck with your upcoming exams!!!

5. December 6, 2010 at 4:46 pm #

Ha! I was just studying the pros and cons of a 24 hour dietary recall too. My study days are SO not representative of my usual intake!

6. December 6, 2010 at 7:37 pm #

I LOVE Barbara’s products! Have you had the Snackimals?! They’re soda-licious!
    Good luck with exams bby!

• December 8, 2010 at 12:08 am #

Sadly, we only have limited Barbara’s products in Canada, and I think Snackimals are one of the ones we have to do without. But if I ever see them, I will give them a go just for you!