The Collector

Some people collect stamps. Some people collect coins. Others collect porcelain dolls.

IMG_1374

Apparenlty, I collect chocolate.

I seem to have amassed quite the selection of gourmet chocolate bars in the past month or so. I’m not quite sure how it happened. Not that I’m complaining or anything.

IMG_1367

I have quite the range awaiting my eager taste buds.

A little Lindt Excellence 90% Cacao Dark Chocolate.

IMG_1378

Some Alter Eco Fair Trade 73% Dark Chocolate with roasted cacao nibs. Chocolate upon chocolate.

IMG_1380

Or how about a little maca in you chocolate? MacaSure Chocolate to be exact. Complete with someone’s greasy fingerprints…?

IMG_1376

White chocolate is more your thing? How about matcha? Because they are together at last in this Thomas Haas Matcha White Chocolate Bar.

IMG_1377

For something a little more out there…Alter Eco Dark Chocolate Qunioa Midnight Crunch.

IMG_1379

And then we have this one…

IMG_1383

Oh yes. Bacon and chocolate, together, in a chocolate bar, care of Vosages Haute Chocolat.

IMG_1385

I’m thinking I need to conduct some chocolate taste tests for the blog. Perhaps make it a weekly series, so as not to let these lovelies go to waste. The question is…where to start? Is there any one here that stands out to you to kick off the Great Chocolate Taste Test of 2011? Leave a comment and let me know.

And speaking of chocolate – go vote for BC’s best chocolate here

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Chocolate

8 Comments on “The Collector”

1. January 14, 2011 at 4:41 am #

lol That’s quite the collection!

I’ve no advice to offer, I’m afraid, since I’m more of a truffle person than a bar person. But I suspect Thomas Haas will do quite well in your taste tests! 🙂

2. January 14, 2011 at 5:19 am #

oh man. i’ve been dying to try that bacon chocolate, but i haven’t seen it anywhere.

also. 90% chocolate is pretty icky. the last bar i accidentally bought got turned into ganache to go on a cake after 1 bite. it improved significantly with the addition of some heavy cream 😉 the cake was awesome.

• February 9, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

I actually don’t mind 90% chocolate – I’ve had it a few times. You just have to go into it not expecting like, milk chocolate, and you’re fine!

3. January 14, 2011 at 9:25 am #

I don’t know how you’ve managed to not eat those. Yum. I pretty much just eat chocolate as it comes into my possession. I want to know what the Quinoa bar is like! It sounds interesting.

4. icecreamie
    January 14, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

MATCHA WHITE ❤ drooooooools.

5. January 15, 2011 at 7:10 am #

The matcha and quinoa bars sound really interesting. I bet they’ll be face rocking. The bacon one….Not sure. I’ve heard chocolate and bacon are a great pair, but I think I’d have to be feeling brave to try it….LOL

• February 9, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

But it’s bacon – and everything is better with bacon, right? Mmmm, bacon….

6. January 17, 2011 at 11:24 am #

Ha, ha! So funny you posted about this because it seems I collect chocolate too. I finally stopped buying and will be finishing off some of it before my next purchase. I love the Mo’s Bacon Bar. One of my favorites for sure!