Spread A Little Love

No, this isn’t a Valentine’s Day post. Not only would that be excessively early, but let’s be honest – us perpetually single ladies aren’t exactly up for celebrating the day. This post is about granola.

IMG_1367

I was at Whole Foods recently (so dangerous convenient that it’s on my bus route home from school), strolling through the aisles when I saw a display that caught my eye.

IMG_1365

Love Crunch? A Nature’s Path product? I was intrigued. I stopped and picked up a box.

IMG_1366

Dark chocolate chunks, raspberry, strawberry, coconut & flax granola. Was this granola made just for me?!

IMG_1370

But what sealed the deal was what I found on the back of the box. By purchasing a box of Love Crunch, I was also helping out those who don’t have enough to eat. For each box sold, Nature’s Path will donate a box (of cereal, or equivalent cash) to Food Banks Canada. You’d have to have no soul (or an allergy or something) to not take a box home with you.

IMG_1364

My sister scoped it out in the drawer before I even had a chance to try it out. In fact, by the time I had a bowl, the box was almost empty. Typical.

I served it up with some Greek yogurt and scoop of Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams.

IMG_1368

The granola has a delightful light chocolate taste, good crunch, with a decent amount of dried raspberries and strawberries throughout, which rehydrate rather well in the yogurt. My serving seemed a little low on the dark chocolate chunks, but perhaps my loving sister had cherry picked those out? Not that I’m pointing any fingers…

IMG_1369

I was also pleased by the nutritional stats. For a commercially prepared granola, it’s quite decent – very low sodium, good fibre, moderate sugar, and a realistic serving size (3/4 cup).

So if you are out and about and see Nature’s Path Love Crunch, pick up a box. You’ll make your taste buds happy, and help feed someone in need. Spread the love 🙂

IMG_1363

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Review, Snack, Vegetarian

11 Comments on “Spread A Little Love”

1. icecreamie
    January 26, 2011 at 2:40 am #

it sounds absolutely amazing. i’ll definitely get it if i can find it in Singapore.

2. January 26, 2011 at 10:09 am #

That’s pretty cool! And those nutrition stats are pretty awesome, especially the sodium! Although I don’t really know what a typical box of granola would have for sodium.

3. January 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

I will be on the look out for that!

4. January 26, 2011 at 5:11 pm #

Yum! I wonder if that’s available in the states….

5. January 26, 2011 at 7:49 pm #

Looks tasty and I absolutely love that PB. That is my special buy to treat myself. So good!

6. January 27, 2011 at 11:04 am #

All those cereals have too much sugar for my liking, but I do love that name and box design!

7. January 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm #

Mmmm that looks good! I used to eat a granola (I want to say harvest crunch) that was chocolate almond… so good! Now I want to try that one!

8. January 28, 2011 at 10:06 am #

I love granola – this looks so good! Hope you are doing well Marianne – I am so behind on my blog reading!

9. Sarabean
    January 30, 2011 at 12:00 am #

Mmmmmmmmm. Decent sodium, good call. Love that it’s vegan too. Added bonus. Just picked some up yesterday in downtown Boston. And yup, already killed about half a box!

10. January 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

yay i love this so much. saw it at Lifestyle Markets yesterday!!! the only problem is that its not gluten-free. i was debating still whether there was risk with their organic oats and if they were contaminated or not and i was so close to just getting it anyways, i mean its LOVE CRUNCH for goodness sake! i still want it but im not sure if i will react or not… 😦

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Taste Test: Nature’s Path Carrot Cake Granola | french fries to flax seeds - April 17, 2012

[…] may remember when I picked up some Nature’s Path Love Crunch granola (because obviously, you all remember my posts from over a year ago like they were yesterday). Well […]