The Third Farewell

This weekend saw emotions run the gamut from happy and excited to sad and mournful. As much as I would love to say this focus was on the happy and excited part, sadly, it is not. On Friday we had to put down our third cat in the past 2 1/2 years – my sister’s cat Socks.

socks

Socks had been losing weight for quite some time, and this past week almost stopped eating all together. We took her to the vet, knowing very well she might not come home. We found out she had a cancer near her colon, as well as a small heart murmur. But she’s no longer in pain, and can join Ebony and Wilson up in kitty heaven. Hopefully they have a never ending cheese supply – it was her absolute favourite food, and she knew from anywhere in the house when you opened up the cheese container.

ebonysocks

Socks and my cat Ebony were sisters, so you can see quite a few photos of them growing up in my memorial post to Ebony. Sadly, I don’t have many photos available of Socks, because she was one to shy away from the camera quite often.

Socks

February 11, 1995 – September 23, 2011

socks2

Categories: Socks

10 Comments on “The Third Farewell”

1. K.L.S.
    September 26, 2011 at 5:35 am #

so sorry to hear about Socks … we have 4 footed family members too and love them very much !

2. September 26, 2011 at 10:36 am #

So sad, Marianne! 😦 Sienna will be lonely now, too….

3. September 26, 2011 at 11:42 am #

Another kitty gone? I’m so very sorry Marianne 😦

4. September 26, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

Ohhh M I’m so sorry. Socks, maybe up in kitty heaven you’ll meet Muffin and Max, my loves from my yoot…thinking of you and HUGS to you and your family. Socks was a beautiful love.

5. September 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Aww so sorry to hear about Socks, Marianne. 😦 All the best. She looks like such a sweetheart.

6. September 26, 2011 at 9:33 pm #

😦 oh man oh man! i totally know how this feels. It is sooo hard to lose a loved animal. hugs to you sweet Marianne. And you are right… she is no longer in pain. I’ll be thinking of you..

7. September 27, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

I’m so sorry Marianne! That’s so heartbreaking! 😦

8. September 28, 2011 at 7:05 am #

awwwwwwwww. Penny + I are very sorry for your loss of sweet Socks.

9. September 29, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

Very sorry to hear about your kitty. She looks like a very sweet cat

10. October 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

Sorry to hear about Socks. Get another quickly. It helps.