Peanut butter and chocolate. Could there be a more perfect combination? I think not. Sometimes I wish I could just live off of all things peanut butter and chocolate. A girl can dream, can’t she?
Last time I had the urge to bake cookies, I knew they were going to involve this magical flavour combination. Fortunately I had just the recipe to make this happen. I think I got this recipe from one of those school fundraiser cookbooks – you know the ones where everyone submits their favourite recipes? My mom got that cookbook from a coworker when I was a kid, and I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve made this recipe. Trust me, my family has eaten their fair share of these cookies. I even have all the proportions committed to memory!
This is not a healthy cookie recipe. It is simply a delicious cookie recipe. Sugar, butter, peanut butter, chocolate – we skimp on none of these here! Because as much as it’s fun to make treat recipes a little healthier, sometimes you just need a good ol’ fashioned cookie.
The Ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes approx 36 cookies
Only peanut butter and chocolate lovers need apply! These are my ultimate peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and no, I don’t think I’m exaggerating. They are sweet, slightly chewy in the centre with a crisp exterior, studded with chocolate, and packed full of peanut butter flavour. Pour yourself a glass of your favourite milk, because these are dunk worthy!
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 c peanut butter (all natural – no need for sugar or salt here)
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Using a stand or hand held mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs, and mix until well blended. Add in vanilla, and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture in batches, mixing until just combined.
6. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
7. Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn golden brown. Cool on a wire rack, and store in an airtight container.
Note: If you have a peanut allergy, I’m sure you could substitute in your favourite nut butter. And I’m deeply sorry you can’t experience the awesomeness that is this cookie in it’s true form.
Peanut butter and chocolate – a gift from the gods, or totally overrated? Discuss!